A Royal Countdown with The Disney Princesses 12 Days of Socks Box

For the past 12 days, I discovered a new pair of Disney Princess-related socks in the Disney Princesses 12 Days of Socks box I bought from Target. I'd never done an advent calendar, 12 days of Christmas box, or anything like this before, so I was excited about getting this box and having something to open every day. Plus, I love Disney and the Disney Princesses and was in need of more socks, so this seemed like a great fit.

To see close-ups of the socks and box itself, head to my Instagram and view the "12 days of 👸🏻🧦" story highlight.


About the box

As the box says, it cost $15, which is actually a really good deal for 12 pairs of socks. Even 12 pairs of those cheap, thin no-show socks at Forever 21 would cost more than $15.

The socks in this box were better quality than the cheap ones at Forever 21. They were a pretty standard thickness, and some socks were crew socks while others were no-show. So I definitely thought it was worth the $15 I paid for at Target.

In terms of packaging, I especially enjoyed it. The gold foil on the front is appropriate and festive given the princess theme and holiday season. There's even Disney Princess trivia on the back cover!


Inside, on the "door" for the days, is a combination of movie stills and art. I loved  the three non-still days that said "Power to the ladies," "This princess saves herself," and "Girls are heroes too". However, I would have liked to see more of the newer and more modern princesses included, like Moana, Rapunzel, Elsa, and Merida, as well. The movie stills were all of Cinderella, Snow White, Jasmine, Belle, and some villains. Some were pictured more than once, and since there are plenty of princesses, I see no reason more could have been included.

The socks

Day 1: black and gold Jasmine socks | Day 2: turquoise Ariel socks | Day 3: striped Maleficent socks Day 4: Princess Aurora socks | Day 5: neon yellow green Maleficent socks | Day 6: Snow White socks | Day 7: Snow White poison apple "One Bad Apple" socks | Day 8: Mulan blossom socks | Day 9: purple and black Jafar socks | Day 10: Ursula socks | Day 11: "I run this castle" socks | Day 12: Snow White Evil Queen socks

Overall, I'm disappointed with the socks Disney decided to design and put in the box. Five of them have princesses on them, and six of them have villains or an evil object on them. Considering it's the Disney Princesses 12 Days of Socks box, I thought I was getting 12 pairs of princess socks.

I didn't think any villains would be included, especially not by themselves and especially not any male villains. I mean, three of the days have girl power quotes on them, so I was disappointed to find Jafar socks in day 10. Also, why does Maleficent get two pairs of socks, more than anyone else? Again, I thought this was the Disney Princesses box?

Thankfully none of the socks are ugly and the designs themselves are fine. I love the gold thread on the Jasmine socks and the bright colors for Ariel and Mulan. Neon green socks for Maleficent were a great idea and keep with the motif of the color being associated and used with Disney villains. My favorite pair is probably day 11's "I run this castle" crew socks. 

Final thoughts

If I had to rate this box, I'd probably give it a 3/5. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. If Disney does this again next year, I hope they include more princesses, more princess socks, and less of the villains. Yes, the villains are important characters, and some are even rather well-liked, but this box is supposed to be about the princesses and the positivity and empowerment they can bring and provide, not the villains.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.