Sanrio and Skincare: Riley Rose Winter Beauty Haul


Last weekend while I was in downtown Chicago, I went to my favorite non-clothing store, Riley Rose. For those of you who don't know, Riley Rose is Forever 21's beauty and gifts store. They have tons of makeup, hair, and beauty products and a ton of fun home/gifts stuff, like pens, stationery, and home decor. Inside of the store is all white and pink and super pretty and fun, so I love the atmosphere.

Now that it's officially winter, I realized it was a great time to buy and try some new beauty products. The cold, dry winter air is no fun, and I as get older, I realize I need to take better care of myself, not just in the general terms of health and not getting sick. So scroll down to see what I bought at Riley Rose! (Click the name of the product to shop it online.)

The Creme Shop x Sanrio Chococat Handy Dandy Hand Cream


Whose hands don't get super dry in the winter? I can't go a single winter without buying new hand cream. I'd already bought some earlier this year, but it doesn't last too long, and I don't think having too much hand cream is a bad thing. So when I saw this limited edition one, I immediately tried some from the sample. Chococat's always been one of my favorite Sanrio characters, and the shea butter in the cream makes it a great hand cream. It's much better than the cheap one I currently have.



The Creme Shop x Sanrio Hello Kitty Macaron Lip Balm - Berry


I actually didn't buy this for myself and bought it as part of a Christmas present for someone else. I won't say who because I haven't given it to her yet and she might read this, but how cute is this Hello Kitty macaron lip balm? She likes macarons and Hello Kitty, so I thought this was a great little gift for her.


The Creme Shop x Sanrio My Melody Softer Than Cookies Sheet Mask


Face masks have been rather popular lately, but I have yet to try one because I'm not that into skincare and have never really had any problems with my face skincare. However I've noticed that certain parts of my face are sometimes dry or are just not smooth and hydrated like they should be. So I figured I'd try a face mask out to see how I like them. When I saw this one, I knew I wanted to try this one, because one, it says "softer than cookies," and I love cookies! Two, it seemed like a good all around face mask that hit different areas, like moisturizing and protecting.


Caked Makeup Suga Suga Scrub - Orange Cocoa Puff


As I've started to use lipstick these past few years, I've learned how important it is to exfoliate your lips and not just hydrate them. I have a lip exfoliator but wanted to try something different. I was looking through some of the sale stuff and saw this cute packaging and picked it up to see what it was. This is a lip scrub that exfoliates your lips and helps get rid of dead skin. It comes in so many flavors/scents, and this orange cocoa puff one smells like Cocoa Krispies! So far, I've used it only once, but it smells so good and works well! Plus, it's easy to use, which is always nice. A lot of it also goes a long way, so it should last a while.


Pintail hair comb


On to the non skincare things! I had a small comb like this that made it easy for me to separate my hair when I do things like braids or half up/half down hairstyles but lost it. So I got this one to replace it.


Brow and lash comb


In the past year or so, I've recently started tweezing my eyebrows and doing minimal work on them but the brow and lash comb I already had is old, dirty, and broken. So this is another replacement item.


Beauty scissors


I picked this up in the checkout line after seeing it, so it was a last minute purchase. When I saw it, I remembered that I needed one but couldn't recall what for. I don't have any straight-edged beauty scissors, and I just kept remembering how I told my sister I needed one, so I just bought it even though I couldn't remember because it wasn't expensive and could be used for so many things. It could be used for your eyebrows or any hair trimming needs. It could be used to cut off skin that's peeling off your nail/cuticle.


Now that I've bought several things from Riley Rose and spent probably 45 minutes in the store browsing through all of the products and brands it has to offer, I definitely want to try more of their makeup and beauty products. I just wish there were a location closer to me in the Chicago suburbs because I don't go downtown a lot.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.