My April Favorites


April was a rather busy month as I had a few events on my calendar, went to new places, and tried and found new things. But most of all of my favorites for last month came from the April 2, when I went to downtown Chicago and had a great day in the city. This monthly favorites post is full of fun pictures and entertainment, including movies, musicals, and more.

Winky Lux Experience Chicago

I knew I wanted to write about this fun, awesome place and experience on my blog, but I didn't know if I wanted to dedicate an entire post to it. Well, now it's been nearly a month since I went to Winky Lux and went through the Winky Lux Experience, so it felt too late to give it it's own blog post. So I'm just featuring it as my top favorite from April in this blog post!


Simply put, the Winky Lux Experience is like a super cute, interactive, Instagrammable exhibit inside the Winky Lux store in downtown Chicago. There are a bunch of different rooms featuring different Winky Lux beauty products, and they're all adorable. I didn't get a picture of every room, but I did get a picture of most of them. 

One of my favorites is the first room, picture above, which is the floral room. It's no secret I love pink and florals, so of course I'm a fan of that room. It promotes Winky Lux's signature flower lip balm, which is what it's known for. Someone please tell me where I can get a pretty floral backdrop like that entire room! Thank you. 


Up next is the watermelon room. If I recall correctly, this room promotes its watermelon lip balm, which is a reactive pH lip balm, so when you apply the lip balm, it reacts to the pH of your skin and lips to change to whatever shade of pink/red goes with your skin. 

I absolutely love the neon sign in this room. I love a good pun and reference, and I 100% want a pink neon sign for my room. 





I don't remember which products went with most of the rest of these pictures, so I won't say too much else about this, but I do want to say the Winky Lux Experience is definitely a must-do if you love doing it for the 'gram, like beauty products, like these interactive exhibits, and/or just want to have a little fun, because this was free!



All you have to do is sign up for Winky Lux's marketing emails, and one of the employees will give you a little tour of the exhibit. You get two minutes in each room to take pictures, play around with whatever's in the room, and try the product that goes with that room. And if you want a group shot, the employees will gladly take some for you!







Anastasia the Musical National Tour


At the start of last month, I got to see the national tour production of Anastasia, the musical based on the animated movie of the same name. I've wanted to watch Anastasia for a while but had to wait for the national tour to come to Chicago, because seeing it on Broadway wasn't realistic.

I got to hear Lila Coogan, the actress who plays Anya, the lead, at the Broadway in Chicago concert last summer, and she was amazing, so I was excited to see her perform the whole show full out. I actually hadn't seen the animated movie prior to seeing the musical. I wanted to, but my sister insisted we wait until after seeing the musical.

The musical itself has a good story that is predictable but still enjoyable. It has great music and choreography, and Coogan does a wonderful job at being a strong, female lead. Plus, the cast is so kind. So many of them came out to the stage door for autographs after the show, and there were around 50 fans waiting at the stage door. They made sure they got to everyone, and even cast members who were just hanging out with each other at the stage door were kind enough to sign or take photos with those who kindly asked.


Oreo fudge cake from Goddess and the Baker


I love Oreos and chocolate, so this cake was probably the best cake I've ever had. It's definitely a must-try if you like chocolate and/or Oreos and are in Chicago. The sponge is nice and moist and not too chocolaty, and the frosting is light and complements the cake well. The Oreos add a nice texture.


Sugarfix by BaubleBar Ultimate Tassel Earring Set from Target


If you know me, you know I love Target. And there are some hidden gems in the clearance section, like this Sugarfix by BaubleBar earring set. I love BaubleBar earrings, and they can be a bit pricey, so I felt like I hit the jackpot when I found these. The tassels are so cute and would add a fun touch to any outfit. There are so many options with this set that I'll definitely try to wear these a lot.


Avengers: Endgame 

I don't want to spoil the endgame for anyone, so I won't say much, but the 22nd movie in the MCU was awesome. It made me laugh. It made me cry. It made me cry some more. It made me cheer. It made the entire theater cheer a few times. If you thought Infinity War was good, you're in for a treat. I honestly didn't think Marvel could make me cry more than I did during Infinity War, I was wrong. And there are so many funny jokes and references to come from this movie. While I'm sad to see the stories of some characters end with this movie, it did seem like a fitting end.


The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

So I already actually talked about this book on my blog last week in my World Book Day post, so I won't say too much, because you can just read what I said about it before, but this is my favorite book I've read so far this year, and I've already read 11 books. It unexpectedly made me cry and go through so many different emotions. Nicola Yoon wrote a beautiful story with unique perspectives that can make even the most logical and scientific people believe in fate, even if it's just a little bit.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.