My June Favorites


For me, June was a month of fashion. I got to wear a bunch of new outfits and clothes that I'd been looking forward to wearing and found some new wardrobe staples. I also tried some new food, particularly some delicious ice cream that I may have gotten my cousins hooked on.


Express Strapless Sweetheart Neck Jumpsuit - Neon Pink



I first saw this jumpsuit on @dresslikebway's Instagram, which is a page that shares where to get some clothes Broadway performers wear, whether it's a costume from a show or something they wore in real life. Carrie St. Louis wore this pink jumpsuit for a photoshoot promoting a concert where a bunch of Broadway performers were going to sing the music from Legally Blonde the Musical.

I've been loving jumpsuits for the past year or so, and I've always been a fan of pink, so I definitely thought the jumpsuit was super cute when I first saw it on Instagram. It actually wasn't one of those clothing items where I saw it and immediately went "OMG. I want that." But when I saw it in Express at in mid-May and saw that it was on sale, I just couldn't pass it up.

When I bought it, I didn't know when I'd wear it. I didn't have a specific occasion in mind for it and wasn't sure what it would be best for since I didn't have anything coming up super soon. I ended up wearing it to my soon-to-be cousin-in-law's bridal shower last month. It was a nice balance between formal and casual, and because it was a rather gloomy and not hot day, the jumpsuit provided some good coverage while also allowing me some breathing room in case I got warm.

Usually I hate strapless anything because it always falls down, but this jumpsuit actually rarely fell down. I do admit I had to pull it up a teeny bit every now and then, but that's really only because I don't have the chest to fill the entire bodice. Otherwise, it stayed up really well and was super cute and comfy.


Talbots hot pink ruffle trim denim jacket



I've been saying "I wish I had a hot pink jacket" for months now, and I finally found one! When I was at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago, I found this adorable hot pink denim jacket in the women's section and had to have it! It's originally from Talbots, which I have never gone into or even window shopped at, but since I got it at TJ Maxx, it was only $20! I really could not pass this up.

Obviously I love the color, but I also adore the cute little ruffle trim by the buttons and button holes. I've never seen any detailing like that on a denim jacket, and it's such a fun touch. Despite hot pink being my favorite shade of pink, I actually don't have a lot of tops in this color, so this jacket will be great for when I want to add a pop of hot pink to my outfit. I actually wore it on National Pink Day (June 23), which was the perfect occasion for it!


Yellow Charlotte Russe outfit



If you saw my Charlotte Russe haul post from earlier this year, this outfit will look familiar to you. I'd been waiting for the perfect opportunity to wear this outfit, and I finally wore it at the start of June when I saw Lyric Opera of Chicago's production of West Side Story for the fourth and final time.

I love dressing up, and going to Lyric Opera is always a good time to do it. I went to see the matinee that day, so I wanted to go for a more casual but still a bit fancy look. This yellow off-the-shoulder top and tulip hem skirt was perfect for the warm, late spring/early summer day. I just love how bright it is, and the stripes and floral contrast yet pair really nicely.


Rock & Candy white platform espadrille sandals from TJ Maxx



These are the shoes I'm wearing in the three photos above, so I clearly have been putting these shoes to good use. I didn't own white sandals before these but had been looking for a pair. I kept putting outfits together over the past two years or so and always thought how useful white sandals would be. So when I found these at TJ Maxx, the only pair ― and they were my size! ― I felt like it was meant to be and bought them.

I really like the cross strap at the front of the shoe, but my favorite thing about these sandals is that they're platform sandals that add a little height while keeping my feet comfy since my foot is still flat and level, unlike wedges or other heels. I've worn these pretty much every week since I've gotten them, and my feet have never hurt in them ― even after walking around for hours of shopping ― so this was definitely a good investment.


Trader Joe's ube ice cream


The odd man out in this fashion dominated monthly favorites post is food. My sister discovered that Trader Joe's sold ube (purple yam) ice cream after seeing it on Instagram from a Filipino food account, and we went to Trader Joe's to find it the next day.

Ube is very popular in the Philippines, and it's my favorite Filipino flavor, so I grew up eating ube foods, including bread, cookies, cake, and more. I was definitely curious to see how good and authentic it tasted, especially because I had some delicious ube soft serve ice cream in New York two years ago that I've missed since. We actually had other ube ice cream in our freezer, so we decided to compare the two. One was a Filipino food brand's ube ice cream, and then there was Trader Joe's.

My sister, my mom, and I all were pleasantly surprised to find out that Trader Joe's ice cream tasted better. It wasn't as artificial, both in color and flavor. (A lot of the time, ube stuff can look super duper purple because of food coloring.) Trader Joe's was a lighter purple that tasted more natural and not like it had extract in it.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.