My August Favorites


Last month was pretty eventful throughout, but some events (like my cousin's wedding) were more enjoyable than others (like getting my wisdom teeth removed). But my wisdom teeth removal wasn't terrible, and I still got to try some new food once I was back to (mostly) normal. Plus, last month I discovered even more new music ― right after my latest "What I'm Listening To" post, of course!


Jeni's Ice Cream


I love ice cream and most things sweet, so I'm always down to try new ice cream, places. I've known about Jeni's Ice Cream for a few years now. But I haven't had the chance to try any of Jeni's flavors that aren't sold in pints in stores because I don't often go to the areas of Chicago where they have shops. Luckily for me, a shop opened at one of my mom's favorite malls that I go to often, so I finally got to try some!

I got the trio, which is three half scoops. The flavors I got were milkiest chocolate, Texas sheet cake, and Boston cream pie. All three were delicious, but I think my favorite was probably Boston cream pie. The combination of vanilla custard, dark chocolate fudge, and yellow cake pieces is a nice and decadent treat. Texas sheet cake is unlike anything I've ever had before as it's chocolate ice cream with cake crumbles and fudge and is also dairy free and vegan, so it's not as creamy as ice cream normally is, but it was still good.


Desert Moon - Naomi Scott and Mena Massoud


If you didn't already know, Alan Menken and Pasek and Paul are musical geniuses. While all of the original Aladdin songs are great, they've done an outstanding job with the new ones for the live action remake, and "Desert Moon" is no exception. "Desert Moon" is a song that was cut from the live action film, but Disney has released it ahead of the DVD/Blu-ray release.

This duet from Jasmine and Aladdin is short, sweet, and simply beautiful. The song itself is supposed to be a song both Jasmine and Aladdin's moms taught them, which just adds some more beauty and emotion to the song. Naomi Scott and Mena Massoud also just sound really great together.


Rain - Ben Platt



I feel like it was just yesterday that Ben Platt released his debut album, and now he's out here with a brand new single just a few months later. It's more upbeat than most of the songs from his album, which is a nice change and shows he can sing more than just emotional ballads (and showtunes but those aren't on his albums).


Moulin Rouge! The Musical Original Cast Recording



I've mentioned this before, but I don't usually listen to Broadway musical cast recordings unless I've seen the show, the show is no longer on Broadway, or it's a Disney musical or a jukebox musical where the songs are already known and not original to the show.

So when the cast recording of the new Broadway musical Moulin Rouge! (based on the movie of the same name), I was excited to listen to it, especially because I love listening to Aaron Tveit. The cast recording is jam packed full of songs from a wide range of genres and time periods, but my favorites would have to be Karen Olivo's version of "Firework" by Katy Perry and "Come What May", which is the only original song to Moulin Rouge!.


Ted Baker mesh scallop skater dress


I've had this dress for quite a while now but haven't worn it because I didn't have an occasion to wear it to. But I finally got a chance to wear it to my cousin's wedding at the very end of the month. I love everything about it, from the color to the mesh and scallop detailing, the pockets, the rose gold zipper, and the comfy fabric.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.