My January and February Favorites


I've wanted to do resume my monthly favorites posts this year, but all I had down from January was a few songs, and I didn't think that was enough for an entire post. So I'm combining January and February, because February was a lot more exciting and had more going on for me.

I feel like all I did in January was listen to "drivers license" on repeat. (I'm 100% serious.) But I actually gave my attention to other things in February, so here we go!



drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo

Do you know how much I love "drivers license"? I love it so much that it's the song that finally got me to stop listening to Taron Egerton and/or Aaron Tveit on repeat for the first time since late spring of 2019! When it first came out, I listened to it on repeat for at least a few days straight.


Olivia is a genius and a star, and I've been so proud of my fellow Filipina because of her monumental success since releasing her first single. "drivers license" is truly something else. I mean, it's got to be if it finally got to me to stop listening to Taron Egerton every day! I'm 100% one of those people who cannot and do not relate to any of the lyrics in the song, but that's how good it is. It just hits you in the feels regardless. And the bridge? It's a dramatic burst of musical fireworks.


Skin - Sabrina Carpenter

Yes, I am a fan of both Olivia Rodrigo and Sabrina Carpenter.  I listen to both "drivers license" and "Skin." We exist. I would like to never see or hear of any supposed drama relating to this ever again. Pitting women against each other isn't cool. Thanks.


Now that's out of the way, if you've followed my blog for a little while, you may know I've been a fan of Sabrina Carpenter for a while now and have loved her since she was on Girl Meets World. It has been so wonderful hearing and witnessing Sabrina's musical journey and growth, and "Skin" is a great example of that. Plus, it has an A+ message and reminds us that we do not need to give or pay attention to those who don't deserve it. It's not easy, but if people are trying to hurt you or tear you down in any way, you can choose to not let their words or actions hurt you. 

Rubberband - Tate McRae

It honestly feels like it was just yesterday when I was watching Tate do penches and tilts every week on So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation, and now she's a huge international music and TikTok star! What!


"Rubberband" is about trying to break or rid of those bad habits (or people) in your life. It's about the effort and the struggle and emphasizes the importance of trying, which is a great message for anyone, but especially those who are still young and growing up like Tate and her target audience.


I Love You Always Forever - Betty Who


Unlike the rest of the songs in this post, I Love You Always Forever" is not new, but I discovered it when the To All the Boys: Always and Forever trailer was released. It's so much full and is just full of light and love, just like the TATB movies! It's one of those songs that will instantly remind me of TATB and the joy it brings me (always and forever!)


Beginning Middle End - Leah Nobel


Speaking of songs that will always remind me of TATB, there's "Beginning Middle End," Lara Jean and Peter's song! This song has two versions: there's a more upbeat, pop version that just makes me smile and the human embodiment of the smiley heart emoji, and there's the ballad that makes me want to cry. Either way, I find the song so cute and romantic, and I just love it.


To All the Boys: Always and Forever



If you know me, you know I freaking love To All the Boys (both the movies and books), so it should be no surprise the third and final movie is one of my February favorites. I could go on and on and on about this movie and the series and Lara Jean and the characters, but I won't. What I will say is that it is honestly a beautiful, heartfelt, and fun way to end the series. It definitely made me cry — but not sad tears! It also made me laugh and smile. 

The movie provided a nice balance of how to end Lara Jean's story with how to end Lara Jean and Peter's story. Of course her relationship with Peter is an important part of the movie, but this truly was a film about growing up and choosing yourself, which is an important message for any age. 

Also, I definitely cried literally every time Gen spoke to Lara Jean, and it totally made me miss New York more than I already do.


Frasier Sterling Heart You Ring

After a month of waiting, I finally got my Frasier Sterling order in the mail, and I love everything in it! I love the pink and purple hearts on this ring. It's so cute and very me. 

From left to right: Heart You Ring, Lover Babe Ring, and Touch of Glam Ring



Frasier Sterling Lover Babe Ring

I love the shine and playfulness of this ring. (As well as the color, of course.) It's adjustable, so I can wear it on pretty much any finger I want, and it can even be worn as a midi ring.


Frasier Sterling Touch of Glam Ring in Rose

This ring is just so cute and dainty and girly. I love it. This one's also adjustable and is great for stacking. 


Frasier Sterling Custom Star Crossed Lovers Crystal Necklace

I joked that people probably wished I had this necklace growing up (#identicaltwinprobs). I love the crystals on the letters and how they add a little something extra to the necklace. It's a more fun take on name necklaces than script nameplate ones. 

Frasier Sterling Custom Star Crossed Lovers Necklace on top



2021 Kate Spade New York Stack of Classics, Blush 17 Month Planner

I definitely already bought a 17 month 2021 planner at the end of 2020, but I bought this one in January anyway because it was on sale and it's literally perfect for me, so I just couldn't pass it up! I definitely like this planner better than the other one I bought anyway.

I mean, it's Kate Spade (my fave), has books on it (love reading!), and is pink (my fave)! I just knew if I didn't buy it I would regret it. Plus, it matches all of my work stuff perfectly, both in color and in scheme since I work at a library!

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.