My March and April Favorites


At this point in time, we're closer to June than April, so this post is definitely delayed but oh well! Again, I didn't discover enough favorites in March or April alone to dedicate a whole post for those months on their own. In March and April I added a bunch of new music to my go-to playlist, wore new fashion trends, and tried new beauty products that have now become staples in my routine.

I've also tried to group similar things in my monthly favorites posts (music and movies together, clothes with accessories, all makeup together, etc.), but this is the first time I've actually labeled the groups with headers. So if you only care about what music I'm listening to or what new clothes I've found, you can easily scroll to that section!

As usual, click the link in the subhead if you're interested in learning more about or buying a certain product I've included.


Music

"Leave the Door Open" - Silk Sonic


Simply put, this song is Blasian excellence. A Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak collaboration is something I never knew I needed in my life. The song and its sound are so smooth and suave, and the vocals are incredible. It's certainly be a while since Bruno Mars has released a single, and this was totally worth the wait.


Too Young to be Sad EP - Tate McRae


As a dance fan, I've been a fan of Tate's before she started seriously making music. I can't believe it's been six years since I was watching her slay on So You Think You Can Dance, and now she's all grown up, performing at awards shows and having songs on the Billboard charts. I've enjoyed listening to the songs on her latest EP for the past few months now and particularly like how although they're all pretty "sad" songs, they aren't all ballads and do contrast in sound.


"deja vu" - Olivia Rodrigo


I wasn't expecting Olivia to release another single until maybe after the second season of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series premiered, so "deja vu" was a pleasant surprise! It has a more chill vibe and sound to it than "drivers license" that always makes me want to blast it with the windows down while I'm driving (which I do when it's nice out) but still has a bit of angst to it. "deja vu" also has some synthetic pop/electronic moments that make it easy to jam to. So I think the music video having scenes in a convertible driving down the Pacific Coast Highway fit the song perfectly, and I can't want for the entire sour EP to be released next week!

"You" - Regard, Troye Sivan, and Tate McRae


I feel like a proud older sister or something because of Tate doing this collab! I love this song. It's such a bop and to me, sounds very different from anything else Tate's done. It's upbeat and features a variety of voices. The dual point-of-view is fun, and it's just a fun song overall. 


"LazyBaby" - Dove Cameron


I'd never really listened to Dove Cameron's music before, but I kept hearing part of her latest song on Instagram from her Instagram filter, so one day I decided to listen to the whole thing. The beat is so fun and easy to dance to, and the song itself is quite empowering. It's about not accepting one-sided relationships and knowing that you deserve to have people who care about you as much as you care about them.


Fashion

Olivia Rodrigo "drivers license" hoodie


The last time I sported any sort of band/music tee/apparel was probably my freshman year of high school, but I love "driver license" and the hoodie/design Olivia Rodrigo and her team came up with for the marketing and merch so much that I decided to buy the hoodie. I love the stars and smiley stickers. Plus, why not show support for my fellow Filipina with this comfy hoodie?


2021 To All the Boys I've Loved Before x H&M Collection


If you know me or have been on this blog any time in the past two years, you probably know I absolutely love the To All the Boys movies. This year was the second year they did a clothing collaboration with H&M. While this year's wasn't all pink and floral like last year's, I ended up liking a lot of the pieces more than I thought I would. I love the oversized tees and the embroidered detail on the denim jacket, but my absolute favorite is the replica of Lara Jean's yellow dress outfit from New York.


Wild Fable Super-High Rise Distressed Hem Cropped Straight Jeans - Pink

Skinny jeans are my favorite, but I'm totally open to trying straight leg and mom jeans — as long as they're not low rise, I'm good! So I saw these pink jeans at Target in March and wanted to try them out because I need more jeans, I want pink pants, and I wanted to try the style.


I've worn them only once so far, but I really like them. The high rise fit works super well for me. and I love the color. The frayed/distressed hem adds some edginess to the pants, and these could easily be dressed up or down.


Baublebar Alidia ring

I've been into wearing rings lately, so when I saw this ring at Nordstrom Rack, I couldn't pass it up. I love all the different shades of pink. The simple design makes it versatile and easy to wear with pretty much all of my clothes. Plus, it fits my ring finger well (I wear it on my right ring finger) and is never a struggle to remove, even after wearing it all day and my fingers are naturally a little swollen.



Beauty

Laneige Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer

I'd never used toner before I got this one in one of the To All the Boys x Sephora sets, but now I will never not use toner again. As the name suggests, this helped even out my skin, made it softer, and kept it hydrated. When I had this product, I used it daily at nights while the air (and therefore my face) was drier, and I definitely noticed a difference in the dryness (or lack thereof) of my face.


Winky Lux Orange You Bright Toner

When I ran out of the Laneige toner, I decided to try a different one that was more accessible to me since Winky Lux sells their products at Target, which is easier for me to go to/shop at than Sephora. Plus, I kept seeing this toner on Instagram, and the packaging is so pretty, and I like oranges, so why not? Like with the Laneige toner, this has improved the overall appearance and hydration of my skin. With this toner in particular I noticed my T-zone (and my forehead especially) has been less oily, which is great. 


Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder

One day I was at Target and randomly decided to try pressed powder because I wanted my forehead to stop being shiny in photos. My mom bought me a powder years ago when I was in high school but honestly had no idea what its purpose was because no one ever actually taught me anything about makeup, but I needed a new one to try because A) it was old and B) it wasn't even my shade.

After a quick browse, I decided on Maybelline's Fit Me Matte + Poreless Pressed Powder because it was affordable, had lots of different shades, and is advertised to last up to 12 hours. I've been using it for about a month and a half now, and it's doing its job well. The powder's effectively controlling my shine, and a little goes a long way.



Other

Sonic Oreo Big Scoop Cookie Dough Blast

I've only been to Sonic three times before but I hadn't tried any of their drinks/shakes or ice cream treats till last month. My sister and I kept seeing commercials for their Oreo cookie dough sundae and blast, and we love cookie dough and Oreos, so we knew we had to try it. All of the Sonics near us are a bit of a drive and out of the way from most places we go to, so we had to wait to find a good time to go. Luckily there was one near the vaccination site my sister went to, and we treated ourselves to a post-vaccine treat. (Well she did. I didn't get my shots the same days as her.)



We both got a blast over the sundae, and they were totally worth the price. You get a lot of ice cream, Oreo, and cookie dough in the treat. I couldn't even eat all of mine at once and had to eat it over the course of two days. Unfortunately the treat was a limited time thing, so we may never get to enjoy it ever again.


Junior's Chocolate Dream Easter Egg Layer Cake



If you go to Costco, then you may have seen this cake around Easter. I've been to New York and had Junior's cheesecake and cake, so I was excited to see this at Costco. It was honestly the best chocolate mousse cake I've ever had and wish it wasn't a seasonal item. I don't actually know if they sell this cake at Junior's, but they should because it's delicious. The cake itself was rich and moist while the mousses were creamy and smooth, creating a great bite. Plus, the entire cake is enrobed in a chocolate shell to add a bit of a crunch! I hope this cake comes back next year.


HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 15.6" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop

I've needed a new laptop since mid-December probably as the screen of my last laptop was detaching from the keyboard. My old laptop lasted me almost eight years as I had it throughout all of college and almost four years after I graduated, so it had a good run. I was saving up to buy one, but then the next round of stimulus checks were announced earlier this year, which allowed me to buy a new one sooner than expected.


I did some browsing and research while my sister was getting a new one near the start of the year, and I decided on the HP Spectre x360. I will be honestly and say its look and aesthetic (the rose gold is stunning!) is what initially attracted me to it, but overall it is a good laptop in terms of RAM, storage, etc. I didn't need a touch-screen laptop, but a lot of Windows laptops seem to be those nowadays, so I didn't mind. I honestly don't feel like I've used it enough to get a good-enough idea of how well it works for my needs, but it's doing what I need it to! It also came with a stylus pen and a case, so I definitely feel like I got my money's worth.



Netflix: To All the Boys I've Loved Before Peter vs John Throw

After four different tries of getting this blanket, I finally got it in March! Target kept sending me the wrong one, which left me with two blankets I didn't really want, but after lots of complaining, I finally got this throw blanket that looks like the artwork for the first and second To All the Boys movies.


I love the color and the design. It screams To All the Boys without being literal or  in your face about boys (the blanket I kept getting has the names off all the boys Lara Jean sent a letter to. The blanket itself is super soft. I just wish it were bigger, but after getting sent the wrong thing three times, I'm just glad to finally have what I ordered.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.