Pretty Little Liars Fashion Favorites: Season 6

Image via Freeform
The fashion in season six just got better and better.  A good portion of season six was after the first time jump where most of the Liars were done with college and were beginning their careers, and the clothes followed suit. All of the styles matured but remained true to the characters, and I very much enjoyed seeing that take place.

Aria Montgomery

6x02
The chain detailing on the sweater is so cool! What an awesome touch of edgy style to go with an otherwise soft (in style, not actual material) top. I like that Aria paired it with a distressed denim skirt with a zipper decoration in the front because both are soft hues with just a  bit of edginess.



6x03/6x04
Thinking of a pink peplum top doesn't quite sound like Aria to me, but looking at this outfit totally makes me believe it. The black lace, in addition to the studded skinny black belt, gives it the edgy flair Aria usually sports. Black skinny jeans and short boots complete the look without detracting from the design of the top.


6x11
Here's my first favorite outfit of Aria's from after the time jump. The embellished detail all over the jacket is just so beautiful and intricate. What a great statement piece to wear when showin up in your hometown after four years.


6x16
A pink jumpsuit and mustard leather jacket also don't seem like Aria to me when I just think of it, but she's totally killing this look. The mustard leather jacket is something I think Aria would wear, and she goes for a pretty bold but aesthetically pleasing choice to pair it with a pink jumpsuit. The leather jacket and black statement necklace add just the right amount of flair and edge.


6x17
Of course adult Aria still mixes prints! Would it really be Aria if she didn't? Once again, she knows how to mix and match without looking like it's tacky day. The top's simpler print pairs well with the bolder and more complex daisy floral print skirt. And the solid colors of the purse and heels bring out those colors in the skirt!


6x20
I feel like this is one of the most casual outfits Aria has ever worn throughout the seven seasons of the show, not counting the time she went to yoga or something with her mom or moped in bed about Ezra in season one. Regardless, I love it. The bright coral and nude colors look great together on the lace top, and the navy dolphin hem shorts are super cute. I'm not used to seeing Aria wear shorts, so it's a little weird but still looks great!


Season 6 promo poster
I think this outfit describes Aria's style perfectly. Animal print shows how she isn't afraid to be bold, and the dark colors and gold embellishments and accessories show her edgy side. A+ to the PLL fashion team for finding this gem!


Hanna Marin

6x03
Looks like Aria isn't the only one who isn't afraid to mix prints. Neither the jacket nor the dress overwhelms the other, and the white and light blue colors on both go great together.


6x04
I'm also not used to seeing Hanna wear shorts, but I really like this outfit. Shorts can be so casual, but these are chic, just like Hanna. The floral stripes on the shorts look really cool, and the moto jacket adds a nice contrast to the otherwise dark outfit.


6x05
I would call this Hanna's Kate Spade look. It just seems like something Kate Spade would design. I love the cropped top and jacket paired with the midi skirt, and they yellow throughout is just so fun! Definitely a super stylish outfit.


6x08
Some people say this is a snakeprint dress, but looking at it again, I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, the pattern is really cool, and the green bag draws the colors out nicely. The belt is a great touch to create a nice shape as well.


6x11
I'm angry Hanna's hair is covering the gorgeous jeweled statement necklace she's wearing, but this screencap shows the whole ensemble better. Just looking at this, I can tell Hanna is older, more mature, and more sophisticated. (This is from the first episode after the time jump.) I love the baby pink vest with the short sleeve button-up and statement necklace.) It's just so business chic. I love it. I don't know if I could pull it off, but Hanna sure can.


6x11
This matching blazer/skirt set has such a cool design. I love the sheer tribal pattern, and Hanna shows all-white is not just for weddings!


6x14
Here's another super chic and sophisticated outfit from Hanna. The cropped solid top goes great with the pleated midi skirt. Hanna definitely knows how to play with lengths.


6x16
I could not find a picture of Hanna in this dress from the show that does it justice, so this screencap will have to do. I'm really glad Hanna learned to like and rock midi length dresses and skirts, because she looks great in them! This dress is pretty pale blue with watercolor-like flowers on it, and it's just so pretty. I love the silhouette that lets the bottom flare out.


6x17
Tropical floral prints are not just for Hawai'ian shirts and summer clothes. This is such a cool moto jacket!


6x17
Once again, I'm super bummed I couldn't find a picture of this whole ensemble that did it justice, but the skirt looks the same as the top, so at least there's that. This Moschino outfit is just the right amount of glitz, glam, elegance, and edginess. Black is a classic color, so she couldn't have gone wrong there. The pearls add the elegance while the chain adds some edginess, which is basically Moschino in a nutshell. This outfit was a great way to allow Hanna to mature but still wear the edgy chic style she sported in high school once Ali returned.


6x18
This dress has such pretty lace and details, and the black adds a great contrast. I love sweetheart necklines, and the fit looks great on Hanna. Perfect bridal shower dress.


Alison DiLaurentis

6x02
This post is probably the last one you'll see a lot of Ali outfits and clothes in, because after season six, I feel like she often dressed like a 30-something-year-old mom. I love the soft colors of this ensemble, and the jacket looks great with the floral dress. Just thinking of the jacket and dress in my head, I wouldn't think those ankle boots would be the way to go, but I must be wrong because they don't look bad at all!


6x05
To be honest, I don't really know what bottoms and shoes she wore with this top and necklace because PLL never really showed it, but that's okay. I love the fringe necklace; it's such a cute accessory. And the black and white top with the flared bottom is adorable! It adds a nice chic touch to the top. It's definitely cuter than if it was just a straight-up black and white colorblocked top.


6x11
Ali joined the print-mixing club with Aria and Hanna, and she learned well! The navy stripes look adorable with the floral print. The navy all around looks great, and I love the mesh siding on the sleeve of the jacket. What a fun touch. Super cute teacher style, which Ali continued throughout the season.


6x11
This is such a dreamy combo. I don't know what it is, but it just looks that way to me. The baby blue looks great on Ali, and the lightweight top looks perfect with the floral midi skirt. Also, I love Ali's hair like that.


6x17
Fun floral blazers are the way to go for business-wear! A solid top and jeans complete the look. Easy, right?


Season 6 promo poster
After all the midi length dresses and skirts Ali wore throughout the show, seeing Ali in a shorter length dress in the promo poster was a breath of fresh air. The black floral design looks pretty cool on the solid blue of the dress, and the black belt is a nice contrasting touch. Black and blue is a color combo I feel like hasn't been seen on the show too much, but it's a nice one.


Emily Fields

6x17
I'm glad Emily managed to stay away from rather boring outfits in season six from time to time, even if she was going to class! This is a cute romper for Emily to wear, and it shows her boho style that sometimes appears.


Spencer Hastings 

6x14
Spencer often looked way too business-y for me in season six, but I liked this dress on her. It's professional but not super professional. I don't know if those are dots or perforations to show a white/nude layer of the dress, but I really like the top.


Mona Vanderwaal

6x18
This is such a fun pink floral romper! I love pink, and I love floral print, so it wasn't hard for me to like this piece, but I think my favorite part has to be the dark collar. It adds such a chic contrast!


Sara Harvey

6x09
Like most PLL fans, I didn't care for Sara Harvey and still don't really get why she was actually on the show, but I do like her prom dress. The black, white, and blue beaded detailing on the top is so pretty and fun.


How did you like seeing the Liars' more mature styles?

Other PLL fashion favorites:
Seasons 1 & 2
Seasons 3 & 4
Season 5
Season 7

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.