Learning About Faith and Trust

Even though I got to watch a lot of gymnastics this weekend (including attending two meets), which always makes me feel better, I had a not-so-good weekend.

An assignment for one of my classes was stressing me out all week. I tried to not worry and stress over it, but I just couldn't help it. I felt like nothing was working out. That seemed to be true and reached its peak when I woke up on Saturday morning.

I woke up around 8 AM to my alarm and immediately checked my phone as I was expecting an email due to the problem that I encountered on Friday. The email I was expecting was there. As soon as I finished reading it, I panicked. I felt like everything that could go wrong was, and even though it wasn't, I felt like all of the blame was on me. The worst part of it was that this wasn't only affecting me. It impacted others too.


I was trying to find solutions to this problem that was making me so anxious and upset, but a solution was nowhere to be found. I was distraught. I tried to not let my emotions get the best of me, but they did. 

When I was presented with the consequences, I knew it was time to accept what happened and try to learn from it -- try to realize that this happened for a reason.

By that time, the 2015 AT&T American Cup was on TV, the biggest elite international gymnastics competition on American soil. So I tried to watch that in an attempt to move on and not be distracted from what just happened. 

It worked relatively well. As the competition went on, I got more into it and maybe even forgot about what consumed my emotions. But once it was over, I was still upset -- not as much as before -- but still upset.

Luckily for me, there was another gymnastics meet I could watch soon to help cheer me up. But in the meantime, I decided to be proactive and find some Bible quotes to help pick myself back up. 

Lately, I've been looking to my Sadie Robertson Live Original Scripture Shareables. They're cute little cards that are convenient to go to when I'm looking for a Bible quote. There's something for almost any occasion. 

So I took those out of my drawer and found a bunch that related to my situation. So if you're ever in need of some encouragement or reassurance or need to pick yourself up, these are great verses to look up:
  • 1 Peter 5:7
  • Deuteronomy 31:6
  • Jeremiah 29:11
  • Matthew 6:34
  • Isaiah 41:10
After looking over those verses and praying before bed, my prayers had been answered, and I knew why this all happened to me. Better things came, and lessons were learned. I got a second chance at the assignment. 

Although I definitely didn't enjoy the stress that I experienced, I now know it was for a reason and what that reason is. There was a purpose to it, and I'm stronger because of it.

I learned to have faith and trust in God. Even when things aren't going my way, I now know that having faith and trust in God is what I need to make it through. 

So next time you're feeling anxious or worrying over something not going right and are questioning the events of your life, look up those aforementioned verses and pray. Pray for some reassurance and faith. Have trust in God and His plan. Ask for help in having trust and reassurance.

And if Bible verses and praying aren't your thing, that's fine, too. Everything's still going to be okay in the end. There are quotes to help you, too (courtesy of my Pinterest board):
  • She was unstoppable, not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them. - Beau Taplin
  • I'm thankful for my struggle, because without it, I wouldn't have stumbled across my strength. - Alex Elle
  • We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. - Albert Einstein
  • Think good thoughts, and good will find you.
  • When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you. - Patrick Stump
  • Don't ruin a good today because of a bad yesterday.
  • You will never have to force anything that's truly meant to be.
  • Hold up your head! You were not made for failure. You were made for victory. Go forward with joyful confidence. - George Elliot
  • Every flower must grow through dirt.
And last, but not least, don't forget about others. Your friends and family are there for you to cheer you up when you're feeling down and discouraged. One of my friends and one of my family members helped me through my bad weekend, and there are people who will do that for you too.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.