My February Favorites


Being the shortest month of the year, it's not a surprise I didn't have much going on in and didn't discover a lot of new things I loved in February. But I did find a few, including some beautiful music, Target finds, and custom tech decor!

"Bad Habit" and "Ease My Mind" by Ben Platt

You may or may not recognize the name Ben Platt, but most people probably know him as one of two characters: Benjamin Applebaum from Pitch Perfect or Evan Hansen in the Tony Award-winning best musical Dear Evan Hansen. Either way, you probably know he's a great singer, but it wasn't until last month that I felt I truly got to hear him sing as he released his first two original songs from his upcoming album. "Bad Habit" and "Ease My Mind" are two of the most beautiful and vulnerable songs I've ever heard. Of course I enjoyed hearing him sing in Pitch Perfect and listening to him in the DEH cast recording, but I feel his original music does him more justice.




Dear Evan Hansen national tour


Speaking of Dear Evan Hansen, I finally got to see the show on February 11 during its national tour's Chicago engagement! If you've heard anything about theatre tickets, you've probably heard of how hard it is or has been (it's gotten easier as time has gone on) to get Hamilton tickets. Well, lately in Chicago, the second city to ever have Hamilton, the most popular and hardest-to-get tickets were for Dear Evan Hansen, not Hamilton. In fact, I only got to see the show because my sister was lucky enough to win the ticket lottery to one of the performances. So instead of paying full price for a high demand ticket, it was only $25/ticket for an orchestra seat! (If you every want to see a Broadway/theatre show, check if it has a ticket lottery!)

I was familiar with the show before it came to town as I'd listened to the cast recording a lot before, so I knew the story and everything, but you just can't beat experiencing it live and in person. I even got chills during a few of the songs despite knowing nearly all of the lyrics and knowing what would happen next. While I would have loved to see even some of the original Broadway cast, the national tour cast is just as amazing vocally and put on a fantastic performance that definitely made me emotional. If you don't know what DEH is about, it's about a high school senior named Evan Hansen who has anxiety and mental health issues. I don't want to ruin the story for anyone, but essentially he turns one lie to a gigantic mess, which affects his mental health. It's definitely a great way to address mental health.


NYX Glitter Goals liquid lipstick - Cherry Quartz


I saw this lipstick at Target and just couldn't pass up a glittery pink lipstick! I love pink glitter! At first, I was a bit hesitant to get it because glittery hot pink lipstick definitely seems like something that would be best worn at night or at a big party, and I don't really go out at night or ever party. However, I wore it when I went to see Dear Evan Hansen, and it didn't look too bold or like it was too much. The sparkle and glitter was evident and visible but not overpowering where you'd think it should only be worn in a club or something.

I know the tube on the right looks red, but it really does turn out pink like the box shows. So how it works is that you put the lipstick on as you would any other liquid lipstick and then wait for it to dry. Once it's dry, you rub your lips together, which activates something to reveal the glitter! I saw a similar lipstick in a video I saw on Facebook once but was never able to find it in stores, so I was disappointed. Luckily, Targets are totally accessible, and Nyx is a relatively cheap makeup brand.


Pink Wild Fable pea/trench coat from Target


When I saw this coat at Target in the juniors section with all the other Wild Fable stuff, I literally could not pass it up. It's a fun, bright, pink coat! I love pink and have been trying to get more fun jackets, so this was perfect. I honestly don't know if it would be considered a trench coat or a pea coat because trench coats aren't typically a soft, wool-like material, and pea coats aren't usually this long (this comes down to around my knees), but I love it regardless.

I love the color, and it's quite comfortable. If you drive, you know some jackets just aren't easy to drive in, and this looks like one of those, but it isn't! And it was rather affordable, too, at just $40. I can't wait to keep wearing this as spring comes. It adds a fun pop of pink to my outfit and is a jacket I would consider the focal point instead of something I'm wearing to keep warm that's unfortunately covering my outfit.


My phone and laptop wallpapers


At the end of January, I randomly decided to make myself a new phone wallpaper because I wanted it to include all of my favorite things. So I opened up Photoshop, went through a ton of pictures, and created this little collage. I just love how pink it is and how I was able to incorporate so many of my favorite people and things. And I loved it so much that I decided to make one for my laptop!

The one I made for my laptop doesn't have as many photos on it because I felt like it was too much even though I had a bigger space to work with, but I still adore it.



No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.