Fashion Friday: OOTD: Time to Transition

When the seasons start to change, it can be tough to figure out how to dress appropriately for the transitioning weather. Sometimes it's too warm for one jacket but not cold enough for another and you need to find a nice in-between jacket. Sometimes it's quite cold in the morning and too warm for a jacket by the afternoon. Or sometimes the weather just goes out of whack and you're back in the middle of last season but already put all of last season's clothes away.

So for this outfit of the day feature ― I realize calling these posts OOTD isn't exactly right as these are never posted the day I wear them but it's too late for me to try to change it now ― I wanted to share some recent outfits I've worn that I think are good for transitioning from winter to spring, whether it's the right amount of layers or just the right colors and patterns for the time.

February 22, 2019

Wild Fable jacket from Target | H&M sweater | Plaid pants from TJ Maxx | Steve Madden sneakers from Marshalls | Kate Spade purse
If you've been on my blog this year, there's a good chance you've seen this jacket before. It's a great jacket for transitioning from winter to spring, so I wore it in quite a few outfits on this post. The bright pink color is great for spring but isn't insanely bright. It just pops and adds some nice, fresh color. It's also not too thick and not too thin, making it great for transitioning.

I threw it on over a lightweight hot pink sweater. This allowed me to have some layers but of differing thicknesses so I wouldn't be too hot or cold. Pairing it with some plaid pants added some texture without drawing too much attention away from the pink.

March 12, 2019

Nike SB hoodie | Full Tilt leggings from Tillys | Steve Madden sneakers from Marshalls
Hoodies are great for going from one season to another. You can wear a T-shirt, long sleeve, a tank top, or just a bra underneath depending on the weather. This particular hoodie is nice and soft, so it actually provides pretty good warmth without needing to layer much, if at all. My torso and arms tend to get colder more easily than my legs, so I wore some leggings with mesh cutouts with this hoodie to kind of balance out my body temperature on this early spring day.


March 16, 2019

Wild Fable jacket from Target | H&M floral top | Forever 21 flats | Longchamp purse
Here's that jacket again! The floral blouse in this outfit is pretty thin and sheer, so I wore a tank top underneath but didn't want to be too cold, so this pink jacket was perfect to keep my arms warm without making my torso too warm. Plus, the jacket brings out the colors in the florals so well! And for another pop of color, I added some hot pink flats.


March 23, 2019

Full Tilt moto jacket from Tillys | Forever 21 shirt | Floral pants from Old Navy | Blondo ankle boots from Nordstrom
Black is probably my second favorite color to wear (after pink, of course!), but sometimes I personally find it difficult to wear in the springtime when everything about the season seems to be about lighter and brighter colors, patterns, and prints. But I feel like I wore black in the spring quite well here as the florals on the pants really pop and add color, and the black moto jacket kind of ties it all together over the light pink top. 

You could totally wear as much black whenever you want regardless of the season if that's what you want to do, but I personally don't like to wear too much black in one outfit in the spring and summer. So I just try to balance my colors and patterns when I do wear black. And in terms of layers for this, the moto jacket was a goo layer to have over the light pink shirt. The light pink shirt here is long sleeve but not very thick, so the jacket definitely helped my arms remain at a comfortable temperature.


March 24, 2019

Charlotte Russe striped turtleneck sweater | Hollister jeans | Kate Spade boots from Marshalls
If this sweater looks familiar, it's probably because I featured it in my Charlotte Russe styling/haul post. A big comfy sweater like this is good for cooler spring days when it's rainy and the sun isn't really out. It's thick enough to keep you warm on a cooler day without a jacket, and the brighter and lighter colors are better for spring as opposed to winter. And pairing it with distressed light wash jeans keeps it simple but allows you to balance the heavy and light materials.


April 2, 2019

Full Tilt moto jacket from Tillys | H&M sweater | High-rise jeans from Aeropostale | Kate Spade ruffle slip-on sneakers from Marshalls
The hot pink top and black moto jacket are actually both featured in other outfits on this post, which speaks to the versatility of these pieces for transitioning. I can wear that top and that jacket for a good portion of the year. Choosing the light pink jeans added some more color while toning it down a bit, and the black sneakers kept it casual and maintained the color scheme.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.