My October Favorites


October was an exciting and eventful month for me as I started a new job, celebrated my birthday, and went to my first comic con. So it definitely wasn't hard to discover new things I became really fond of and liked.

And in case you were wondering why I skipped September, it was because October was such a hectic month for me and I didn't have many things to feature from September.


Disney Princess ballerina prints by Megan Withey


Megan Withey is one of the artists I met and discovered while attending ACE Comic Con Midwest last month. She has tons of beautiful watercolor prints, mostly of Disney characters. I especially love her prints of Disney Princesses as ballerinas since I love Disney Princesses and dance. I didn't buy all four of these prints but did get the Belle and Aurora ones. Belle is one of my top three favorite Disney princesses, and I've always loved Aurora's pink dress.


Eggsy Unwin Kingsman: The Golden Circle pin from Erin Lefler (Butternut_Gouache)


Erin Lefler is another artist I met and discovered at ACE Comic Con Midwest, and her table was definitely one of my favorites since she was the only one I found that had Taron Egerton stuff. My favorite thing I bought from her is this Eggsy Unwin from Kingsman: The Golden Circle pin, which may look familiar if you read my blog post about meeting Taron Egerton at ACE. Eggsy's orange velvet tuxedo is my favorite Eggsy outfit, so I had to have this pin. And it looks like everyone else loved them, too, because there aren't any for sale on her Etsy shop anymore!


Ablaze White Flame Detail Platform Block Heeled Ankle Boots from Public Desire


If you saw my blog all about my Elton John Halloween costume, these boots should look familiar. I mean, they're hard to forget! Although I have absolutely no idea what else I will use these platform boots for, I absolutely love them. The iridescent shades of pink contrast with the white so well, and they truly make me feel like a confident rockstar. I totally understand why Elton John wears such flamboyant outfits now.


25oz Double Wall Stainless Steel Please Go Away I'm Introverting Tumbler with Straw Pink - Room Essentials™ from Target


I saw this cup during one of my (probably) unnecessary trips to Target and couldn't pass it up. First, I'm an introvert, and that saying is 100% true. Second, the dark rose gold color is super cool. Third, I actually was in need of another cup so I could keep one at work instead of bringing one back and forth every day. Last, it was less than $10! That's such a good deal!

The cup itself does a great job at keeping my water cold for the five hours I'm at work, so I can't speak to any time longer than five hours. But anyway, it holds a good amount of water and it easy to clean. So I really have no complaints!


Patron Saints of Nothing by Randy Ribay


I've always enjoyed reading and have wanted to read for fun. However, I never read a book with a Filipino protagonist (or any Filipino character at all now that I think about it) until I read Patron Saints of Nothing. So this book made me feel seen in a way no book has before. Besides my Filipino heritage causing me to enjoy the book, it has such a powerful, moving, heartbreaking story that's timely, relevant, and unlike any story I've read before. If you like to read young adult fiction, I highly recommend this.


Taron Egerton's panel at ACE Comic Con Midwest



I am never going to shut up about Taron Egerton or meeting him or going to ACE Comic Con Midwest. Sorry. So his panel was literally the last part of the convention last month, and it was a great way to end it. It was funny and informative and just down right fun, and it reminded me why I stan this man. 

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.