My 19 Favorite Outfits from 2019

Happy New Year! I've been slacking on blog posts in the past few months, but I've found some time to do my annual yearly favorites posts. First up are my favorite outfits of 2019!

Picking my favorite outfits every year is never easy, but I feel like it was a little easier this year because for some reason, when I was going through all of my outfit pictures and my Instagram, it didn't feel like I had a lot to go through. Also, since I stopped doing so many outfit blog posts, I found doing this post more fun since a good portion of these outfits haven't been shared on here before.

I think this year may include the fewest amount of summer outfits and the most winter outfits since I started doing favorite outfits of the year posts, which is interesting since I usually like my summer outfits more. I guess that's what happens when you finally have jackets you really like and the weather isn't so terrible!

March 16, 2019

Wild Fable coat from Target | H&M floral top | Classic Navy Longchamp tote | Hot pink flats from Forever 21
My favorite thing about this outfit it just seems so perfect for early spring. The pink coat pops really well but also goes with the floral top and brings out the pinks there. My hot pink flats add another pop of color without feeling like it's too much or it doesn't fit. I also love how it feels girly and sophisticated, especially with the high ruffled neckline of the shirt and the little bow. Then the pink and florals just adds to that, of course.


March 23, 2019

Suede moto jacket from Tilly's | Topshop lace trim crop top from Nordstrom Rack | Floral Pixie pants from Old Navy | Ted Baker purse from Lord & Taylor | Blondo ankle boots from Nordstrom
This was an outfit I just came up with on a whim. It was one of those days where I wasn't sure of what to wear, so I just took a look in my closet and put something together. I ended up liking this outfit a lot more than I ever thought. The moto jacket plays off the floral design of the pants well to create a contrast in styles. The lace trim pink top adds some color and brings out some of the pink on the pants, too.


April 20, 2019

Striped top from Marshalls | Kensie pants | DV by Dolce Vita sandals from Target | Ted Baker purse from Lord & Taylor
This was my first time wearing this shirt, and I don't remember if I got the shirt or the pants first, but once I got them both, I knew they'd go perfectly together. The tan color matches so well without being too matchy-matchy, and the red lipstick is great to add some more color. The white purse and sandals keep it fresh without straying from the color combo going on. I definitely felt like an adult in this outfit even if I still don't actually feel like a fully-fledged adult. Haha.


May 9, 2019

A'GACI blazer | Striped jumpsuit from Express | Blondo ankle boots from Nordstrom | Henri Bendel convertible backpack
I've posted this outfit on here before. This was the outfit I wore the first time I saw Lyric Opera of Chicago's production of West Side Story, which is my all-time favorite musical production ever. Despite it being May, it was not very nice out in Chicago and was a bit cool, so I opted for a jumpsuit and ankle boots instead of my preferred choice of a dress. It ended up being an excellent choice, though, because a lot of people complimented me on my outfit.

I love the hot pink blazer and how it stands out, bringing a lot of color to the outfit over the jumpsuit without taking away from the jumpsuit. Oh, and the jumpsuit has pockets, which is always always always a plus.


June 1, 2019

Charlotte Russe striped off-the-shoulder top | Charlotte Russe floral skirt | Rock & Candy platform sandals 
I'm pretty sure I've also already posted this outfit on here, and as you can clearly see, I saw Lyric's WSS again. Yellow isn't a color I wear often, but I really liked this top and this skirt when I saw it in the store. And there are times where I like to deviate from wearing pink as the main outfit color. The colors are just super summery and vibrant, and the stripes and floral pattern go nicely together without clashing (there is a way to mix patterns!). It's trendy without looking like something you wouldn't wear once it's out of style, and it was all comfy — even my platform sandals.


June 9, 2019

J. Crew necklace | Striped ruffle sleeve top from Tilly's | H&M skirt | Jessica Simpson flats | American Eagle sandals
I will admit without a doubt that I am a wannabe ballerina. I very much wish I could do a graceful grand jete and especially do a bunch of beautiful fouette turns. So it's no surprise that I sometimes wear ballerina inspired outfits. I always feel like a ballerina in this blush pink skirt, especially when I wear my hair in a sock bun. And I decided to go all out this day with my pointe-shoe-inspired flats. I do wish the flats were nude or blush pink to more closely resemble a pointe shoe and not look so bold in this outfit, but they'll suffice.

However, after church and lunch, these flats definitely gave me the foot pain of an actual ballerina, so I changed into sandals. I like both looks, especially how the sandals give the outfit a slightly casual vibe while the flats dress it up a bit. I definitely want to wear this again.


August 31, 2019

Ted Baker dress | Ted Baker purse | Charlotte Russe rose gold glitter heels
This outfit includes quite a few of my favorite things: hot pink, Ted Baker, rose gold, and glitter. So I'd say that automatically makes it one of my favorite outfits of the year. I absolutely love this hot pink Ted Baker dress, from the color to the mesh cutouts to the scalloped hems and of course, the pockets! And then there's the Ted Baker purse, which has rose gold accents that I adore. And then I just love my glittery rose gold heels. 


September 5, 2019

Gal Meets Glam tweed dress | Franco Sarto heels 
I wore this to a job interview, and my mom thought I was overdressed for it, but I thought I was fine. I told her "I'd rather be overdressed than underdressed." And I got the job, so obviously this outfit was fine. I remember seeing this dress and automatically being draw to the color and the texture/fabric. The base is a maroon/burgundy color but has hints of light pink and sparkle to it. The material is tweed, and it has a velvet bow at the neckline, which I thought was super cute and gave it a bit of a preppy meets classy vibe that reminded me of Veronica Lodge from Riverdale. And you know by now that I love when dresses have pockets. So yay for pockets!


October 7, 2019

UNK Bulls tank from Rue 21 | Old Navy joggers | Vans sneakers from DSW
I went to a Bulls game the day before my birthday, because my twin sister is a big Bulls fan and wanted to go to a game, so we went the day before our birthday. I don't own a lot of Bulls clothing, but I do own a few things, and I hadn't gotten the chance to wear this Bulls tank top to a game yet, and since it was pretty nice that day, I decided that was the perfect opportunity to wear it. I, of course, still felt obligated to wear red, so I paired the tank with these red joggers that have a light pink stripe on each side, matching the top nicely. This was a very simple outfit, but I like how it's sporty and athletic yet still very much me at the same time.


October 24, 2019

Jeweled collar sweater from TJ Maxx | H&M plaid skirt | Kate Spade sneakers
So I mentioned Veronica Lodge of Riverdale before, and it's no secret I like to dress like her. That's literally what I did with this outfit I wore to work. I love the bejeweled collar on the sweater; that's definitely my favorite part of this outfit. And contrary to what it looks like, I actually am wearing pink. The plaid skirt does have pink on it, but it doesn't photograph well. Anyway, I just love the Veronica vibes of this outfit, from the pearl earrings to the black jeweled collared sweater to the plaid skirt to the Kate Spade sneakers (not that Veronica would actually wear sneakers with this outfit or to anything that isn't gym class or River Vixens-related, but they're Kate Spade, and it was too cold to wear my block heels).


October 31, 2019

Wild Fable sunglasses from Target | AKIRA dress | AKIRA pants | Public Desire platform boots
If you saw my Halloween costume blog post, this should look familiar. I dressed up as Elton John for Halloween and wore this to work as we were encouraged to dress up at the library I work at. I won't go into much detail about this outfit since I dedicated an entire blog post to it, but I will say that I love not only how this costume looked but how it made me feel. And I of course love that I was able to wear pink from (essentially) head to toe.


November 4, 2019

H&M turtleneck sweater | Nasty Gal animal print skirt | Nasty Gal boots
You'll see these black jewel-trim boots a lot. But anyway, I saw these shoes in a Facebook ad and thought they were really cool and decided to buy them after seeing them on Facebook a few times and then seeing they were on sale. And then they prompted me to browse the Nasty Gal website, where I found this pink animal print skirt. I had been looking for an animal print skirt because I wanted to try the trend. I also wanted a pink one because I remembered that Target sold one but I couldn't find it in my size or at my Target. So when I saw this pink animal print skirt online, I decided to buy it and the shoes.

I wore the skirt and the boots pretty soon after getting them in the mail, and because I'm lucky enough to work in a place where the dress code is business casual but still pretty open, I decided to pair it with a black turtleneck sweater and wore it to work. The skirt provides great contrast against the black, and the turtleneck and skirt create a sleek silhouette that adds to the sophisticated, yet edgy, look.

December 8, 2019

Avec Les Filles faux fur coat from Nordstrom Rack | BB Dakota rose gold sequin dress from Last Chance | Nasty Gal Jewel to be Kind Faux Leather Block Heel Boots | Betsey Johnson bag from Marshalls
I haven't had the time to blog about this yet (and now I'm not sure I will dedicate a blog post to it because it's not timely anymore and I'm going on another trip), but last month I went to New York for the third time and definitely saved a lot of new outfits for that trip. The first night I was in NYC, I went to a cabaret show called Broadway Breakup Playlist at Feinstein's/54 Below, which is in the basement of the iconic Studio 54, so I dressed up for the occasion.

I hardly go out at night — I'm a 20-something-year-old grandma — especially to something like this, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to finally wear one of my sequin dresses. I wore a rose gold BB Dakota dress (featured in my frugal formal finds post) with my new hot pink Avec Les Filles faux fur coat, my Nasty Gal boots, and BaubleBar tassel earrings. My outfit was definitely inspired by the producer of the show, Abby DePhillips, who loves pink as much as I do. She also has a pink faux fur coat and loves BaubleBar, so it only felt right to wear my pink faux fur coat and BaubleBar earrings to her show! Plus, I got to meet her after, and she was indeed a fan of my outfit.


December 9, 2019

H&M striped sweater | Forever 21 button front corduroy skirt | Forever 21 over-the-knee socks | Nasty Gal Jewel to be Kind Faux Leather Block Heel Boots
I have wanted to go to Strand in NYC since my sister first went and told me about it two and a half years ago. Strand is a bookstore that has over 18 miles of books. So essentially it's a bookworm's dream. And because I love books, and I call myself the Filipino Lara Jean (of the To All the Boys I've Loved Before book series and movies), I decided to wear an outfit inspired by Lara Jean on my first trip to Strand. Plus, it was quite mild weather-wise when I was in New York.

So I combined her airport outfit and her first day of school outfit from the movie to create this outfit. She wears a striped top and a button front skirt to drop off Margot at the airport, and knee high socks and combat boots on her first day of school. This is my version, which, of course, features pink. 


December 10, 2019

Forever 21 turtleneck sweater | Wild Fable plaid skirt from Target | Steve Madden boots from Nordstrom Rack
On my third day in New York, I decided to go a little preppy and channel some Gossip Girl vibes. I remember seeing this skirt on the @targettag Instagram and instantly thinking about how I could create so many outfits with this skirt. So when I went to Target and saw it, I bought it. Then I shopped at a Forever 21 location that was closing, so everything inside was on sale, and saw this white turtleneck sweater. I didn't own any white sweaters at the time, and I'd been wanting one, so I got it.

I was debating whether to wear my white turtleneck sweater or my black turtleneck sweater with this skirt but decided on white so it wouldn't be so much black. With the plaid skirt and knee high boots, I felt like I could have been some random extra in Gossip Girl on this day. Too bad I was nowhere near The Met to take a picture on the steps.


December 13, 2019

hot pink Strand Bookstore beanie | Gap Upcycled puffer jacket | Nasty Gal Jewel to be Kind Faux Leather Block Heel Boots

From New York, my family and I took a train to D.C. I wasn't feeling as fashion forward there (and was running out of outfits), and the weather wasn't as nice (colder and rainy). Plus, we were there for only two days, but I did end up really liking my outfit the last full day we were there.

I brought only one jacket that was good for rain, which is this hot pink puffer, and I love that it makes such a statement. It is definitely a jacket I consider as part of my outfit rather than something I wear over my outfit. I stuck to a very specific color combo with the bright pink and black/gray and love how it turned out. It's quite simple as it's just a T-shirt and plaid pants with a jacket and a beanie, but I love the urban winter vibes it gives off. Also, these boots are surprisingly comfortable to walk around in even though they're quite tall. I had no problem walking in them all around D.C. (which was A LOT since its subway system isn't as convenient as New York's).


December 18, 2019

Forever 21 scalloped collar shirt | H&M plaid skirt
When I got back from New York and D.C. and went back to work, I wanted to wear some other new clothes I got but didn't bring on my trip with me. I got this cute collared button up shirt at the same Forever 21 where I bought my white turtleneck. I just adore the scalloped collar! And I created another Veronica Lodge inspired work outfit.


December 21, 2019

Kensie teddy coat from Marshalls | H&M sweater | Nasty Gal Jewel to be Kind Faux Leather Block Heel Boots
This was another one of those days where I didn't know what to wear. At this point in the month, I hadn't done laundry yet and was running out of clothes but didn't have time to wash anything, so I threw on a sweater and some pants. The stars of this outfit really are my jacket and boots. Again, I'm a big fan of any jacket that actually becomes part of your outfit, and I've loved this Kensie teddy coat since I got in 2018.

I feel like the combination of the high-neck sweater and the open jacket creates a nice contrast in not only texture but lengths and even color as the shades of pink are different. I love the shine the boots add as well. This is another simple outfit I threw together that I didn't expect to enjoy so much.


December 25, 2019

Forever 21 crop top | Pretty Little Thing leopard print shorts | Tights from dELIA*s

Christmas is my favorite holiday, and I had a bunch of family over this year, so I was definitely looking forward to wearing a festive new outfit. I often choose to wear a sparkly but not too fancy outfit for Christmas. This year, it was quite warm in the Chicago suburbs, so I wasn't cold at all wearing these gold leopard print shorts with sparkly tights. I added a little more sparkle with this sparkly pink crop top I got at (the same) Forever 21. Even though literally every part of this outfit is shiny, it's not overwhelmingly so, and that can be hard to do. 

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.