2020 Golden Globes Fashion Favorites

This year was the first year I watched the Golden Globes and was actually looking forward to it and really excited about it. Usually, I watch kind of just because and to see all of the outfits, but this year, Taron Egerton (aka my fave, but you should know that by now) was nominated for Best Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy and won!!! While I love Taron, he did not make my fashion favorites from this year's Golden Globes. He still looked great, though! Here are the looks that did make it to my list of favorites:


Ana de Armas

Steve Granitz/WireImage
Dear Ralph & Russo and Tiffany,
Can I please have this outfit in pink? Thank you.

Okay, but for real, I love this outfit. The navy sequin dress is amazing, and the color is so deep and rich. The sequins give it shine and dimension. I especially like the layered neckline because it adds more shape. The Tiffany jewelry is simple and elegant and goes with the gown perfectly. And the best part? The gown has pockets.

Sofia Carson

Getty / Steve Granitz
This pale pink Giambattista Valli gown is what ballerina princess dreams are made of! I obviously love the color and adore the ballerina vibes. There's a lot of tulle and layering but it doesn't look over the top, and the fluffy bodice creates a nice contrast in texture.



Ellen DeGeneres

Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
I love glitter, and this black glittery suit is simply awesome. Enough said.


Kaitlyn Dever

David Fisher/Shutterstock
There are red carpet gowns and looks you wish you could wear and then there are ones you could only dream of pulling off. This is the latter. This red, pink, black, and white lace Valentino gown is stunning and a true work of art. The lace design is so beautiful and intricate, and the pink and red pop so well. The billowy sleeves add more shape to the top of the gown without going overboard considering the already full skirt. It can be hard to use pink and red without looking like a Valentine's Day card threw up, but this does it well.


Roman Griffin Davis

Getty / Jon Kopaloff
Two words: Little Eggsy.



Chris Evans

Getty / Todd Williamson/NBC
At first I thought this was a velvet tux, but it turns out it's corduroy, which is honestly even better. I've seen a lot of velvet jackets, but this maroon corduroy one is gorgeous. The color is so rich, and the corduroy fabric seems perfect for winter! Also, Chris Evans.


Beanie Feldstein

Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
Beanie Feldstein's look is probably my favorite of the entire night. I love literally everything about it. The navy Oscar de la Renta gown is magnificent. The floral applique off-the-shoulder detailing is exquisite, and the pleated satin fabric is amazing. It looks like it should look like a curtain or something, but it doesn't. And then her accessories are just so on point! Like, I wish I could pull off that braided headband, but I probably couldn't, and it just looks like it belongs on her head like a crown.


David Furnish

Daniele Venturelli / Contributor / Getty Images
Sorry, Elton, but I didn't choose you for this one. Only David. But your black embroidered jacket is nice. I just like your husband's better.

I mean, look at that beautiful, colorful floral embroidery! I've never seen anything like it and love it. And the white trim on the jacket is a nice touch as well. 


A.J. Gibson

Getty Images North America
I'm going to be honest and tell you I have no idea who this guy is, but I saw his jacket and went "That is a nice jacket." Velvet jackets are the way to go, guys! And I've never seen one in this color before, so that's pretty cool.


Jane Levy

Getty / Valerie Macon
Here's another great example of how to pair pink and red without it looking like it's Valentine's Day in a bad way. The dainty little red appliques are such a pretty touch and create a unique, abstract look.


Kate McKinnon

Shutterstock
This is just such a fun, chic suit. The sequin designs add sparkle, depth, and dimension and just bring the outfit to a whole other level.


Storm Reid

Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP/Shutterstock
Fashion is art, and this gown is a watercolor painting come to life. From the colors to the fabric and flowy design, this dress reminds me of beautiful painting of a floral landscape.


Margot Robbie

Shutterstock
Of course I have to point out the pockets. Always a plus. Now that's out of the way, the iridescent design on the black of the bodice looks so cool and unique. I haven't seen anything like it before. Then the bodice overall is such a great contrast and looks great with the long white skirt. Overall, the fit, shape, and silhouette look great and makes the dress flattering.


Sydney Sweeney

Getty / Amy Sussman
This gown just screams Greek goddess, from the white flowy fabric to the branch embellishments. And it is stunning.


Taylor Swift

Steve Granitz/WireImage/Getty Images
I feel like these colors are suited much more for spring or maybe summer, but I still like it. The colors are very vibrant, and the yellow flowers show up really well on the blue base. Overall, the dress design and construction are pretty simple, but it all works really well. I love the train, and there is actually a little triangle cutout at the front above the waist that's cute and adds some edge to the otherwise traditionally feminine and girly design from the florals.



No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.