My February Favorites


I meant to get back to blogging on here earlier this year, but we all know it's certainly been a whirlwind of a year even though it's hardly mid-March. However, now felt like a good time to step away from other things for a bit and bring some attention and love to things that I've enjoyed and have made me happy, so here are my February favorites.

I'm going to be totally honest here and say this blog post should honestly just be called My February Favorites: P.S. I Still Love Everything To All the Boys I've Loved Before, but that's too long and there is one thing on here that has nothing to do with my favorite Netflix movie series.

To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You


The highly anticipated sequel to the Netflix original movie To All the Boys I've Loved Before (adapted from Jenny Han's novel of the same name) was finally released last month (based on Han's second book in the series, P.S. I Still Love You), and I LOVED IT! I love the movie so much that I actually watched it three times on the day it was released. I even woke up early so I could watch it before work because I didn't want to wait until I got home from work that day to watch it.

While I don't think it was better than the first To All the Boys film, I still think it was a good adaptation like the first and had the same essence and vibes that made us all fall in love with the first movie. Lara Jean is still highly relatable. Peter is still setting the bar high for boyfriends. Kitty is still sassy and up to something. But P.S. I Still Love You actually made me cry at the end, and the first one never made me cry. So that says something.

Lara Jean deals with what it's actually like to be a girlfriend and in a real relationship and the insecurities that can come with that, especially as an introvert, an overthinker, and a hopeless romantic whose only real experience with platonic love beforehand was reading about it in novels. I found that to be very authentic and because the movie showed those flaws, the audience gets to see Lara Jean's growth and maturity progress.

I don't really know what else to say without spoiling the movie, but I will add that the soundtrack is amazing, as it was for the first movie. Also, if you haven't read the books but are looking to, the second book is rather different from the movie. The first movie goes into some of the second book's content, automatically making it so the movies have to be a bit different. I'll stop now because I could probably keep going, but TATB2 is another great, feel-good movie, and Team Lara Jean forever!


Love Letter Signature Embroidered T-Shirt from Something Good Merchandise


I'm going to be brazen and totally honest and include something I designed and sell from my own merch brand in this post. My sister and I designed and released a collection of  To All the Boys-inspired shirts/sweatshirts/hoodies, including this T-shirt, which features my own handwriting embroidered on a shirt!

We wanted this design to be something Lara Jean would like for herself, so we went with something cute and girly with the script, more curved letters, and the envelopes with little hearts on them!


Kitsch To All the Boys I've Loved Before Hat Box Gift Set from Sephora (Sold out)

So the next few things in the post are part of the collaboration did with Netflix to create a To All the Boys I've Loved Before collection, and I love it! My favorite item from the collab would have to be this super cute hat box gift set featuring three hair accessories inspired by three different hair accessories Lara Jean wore in the movies. There's her favorite scrunchie (that ended up with Gen) from the first movie, a pink bow clip (similar to the bow she wears the first time Peter drives her and Kitty to school), and two gemstone bobby pins (which she wears in the second movie).

Obviously the hair accessories themselves are super cute, but I absolutely love the packaging. I mean, hair accessories in a replica of Lara Jean's hatbox? Perfection!


Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask


This came in a special To All the Boys set with a watermelon glow ultra-fine mist, but I haven't used that because I already have a facial mist I like so I gave that that to my sister.

Anyway, as the first movie showed during the ski trip, Lara Jean's a face of face masks. She came prepared and brought Korean face masks and romance novels to the ski lodge and does a sheet mask with Lucas. So it totally makes sense the collab included at least one face mask. While this isn't a Korean face mask or even a sheet mask, that's totally fine, because masks in a little container are better for the environment, and this one is awesome.

You can either use it as a sleeping mask and wear it overnight while you sleep and wash it off while washing your face in the morning, or you can use it like a normal mask and wear it for 10-15 minutes. At first, I was hesitant to try it because I was like, "If I sleep with a face mask on, won't it get all over my eye sleep mask? Or my pillow and blankets if I move around?" But no need to worry! The mask absorbs into your skin after a bit, and then your skin is dry to the touch while the mask does its work inside your actual skin and not just sitting on top of it.

I've used it several times now, and I definitely notice smoother, more glowing skin when I wake up after using it. Plus, it smells really nice since it's watermelon scented.


Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask (Sweet Candy) from To All the Boys Sealed With a Kiss Set from Sephora


I didn't realize lip masks were really even a thing until I got this. This actually comes in a set of two with a mint chocolate one, I believe, but I have yet to use that one (probably because I don't like mint with chocolate). Anyway, this is another sleeping mask, so you use it while you sleep, and it works wonders. It's definitely hydrating and helps get rid of any dry/dead skin when you wipe off the excess in the morning. Plus, since it goes on your lips, you do taste a bit of it, and the sweet candy flavor is exactly that — nice and sweet! No need to put lip balm on overnight when this works even better!

Kaja To All the Boys P.S. I Still Love You Set from Sephora (Sold out)


I honestly wasn't sure of what this set came with until I opened it and tried it, but I ended up loving both products. The first thing inside is Kaja's lip melter gloss, which threw me off at first because I actually don't like gloss or glossy lips and prefer matte, and it doesn't seem like a lip gloss at all and seems more like a lipstic . But it's actually subtly glossy and is a nice neutral, natural lip color that is like my actual lip color but better. So it adds some color and dimension when I want to wear something on my lips but want to keep it simple.

The next product is an eye shimmer, specifically their Moon Crystal Sparkling Eye Pigment. I'll be the first person to admit that contrary to popular belief, I don't know much about makeup or how to best apply it or use it. I'm totally fine with using just eyeliner and lipstick and nothing else. But there are some times where I'd like to add or do some more, and this does the trick!

Basically, it's like glitter eyeshadow but not as concentrated or pigmented as eyeshadow. It's a light bronze color, so it's not super bold but adds some sparkle. But you can always use more if you want a more sparkly look. (A little goes a long way.) I love glitter and makeup, especially when it comes to eye makeup and making your eyes stand out, can be tricky when you wear glasses like me. So I like to wear this every now and then to literally add some shine and attention to my eyes.

I had no clue what the third product was until I literally read what it was on the box. It's a super cute blush stamp! One side has a removable heart stamp that you use and press into the blush that's on the other side. Then you stamp it onto your cheeks until you get the desired color and blend! I never really use blush because parts of my face and cheeks are naturally rosy on their own, but sometimes I'll use this if I want a little more color. 


Sondheim Hoodie (Pink) from The Backstage Blonde


And for the last and only non-TATB thing on here is this cute hoodie from The Backstage Blonde aka Teale Dvornik, a dresser for Wicked on Broadway. Lately I've realized I need more hoodies and sweatshirts, and I do like showing my appreciation for anything I'm a fan of, and this hoodie does both of those.

This hoodie is a fun play on the popular (and expensive) Supreme hoodies but instead features legendary Broadway composer and lyricist Stephen Sondheim, who worked on my favorite musical of all time, West Side Story. And it's pink, so you know I love that. I actually didn't have any pink hoodies (besides an athletic one I wear for running) until this, so this hoodie will surely be put to good use when I just want to be comfy, cozy, and stylish!

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.