What I'm Listening to: September 2015



I've always loved listening to music, but once I started college, listening to music is something that occurs less often than before. And when I do,it's the same several songs over and over again. Now that September's nearly over, I thought I'd share what I've been listening to this month.

Kolby Koloff

Kolby Koloff is not a popular name in the music industry, but she's one of my favorite musical artists. She's definitely my favorite Christian artist. Christian pop, let alone Christian music is something I don't listen to often or very long even though I've gone to church on a regular basis for my entire life, but I really enjoy her music. 

I first heard of Kolby on the Lifetime TV show Preacher's Daughters. After watching her on that show for a few years, she was someone I could look up to and inspired me to grow in my faith. So when she announced she was making music, I was excited even though I'd never listened to that genre of music before.

She released an EP prior to this one, entitled Be Free, but it was originally just released on her family's website and wasn't promoted and released at the same scale. I instantly loved all of the songs on Be Free, so I've been looking forward to her upcoming EP and pre-ordered it so I could hear all the songs ASAP on October 2. Two of the songs, Grow and Enough, have already been released, and they've been on repeat for weeks. I appreciate all of the messages in Kolby's songs, and of course, her voice is so pleasing to listen to. To preview all of the songs on Grow, visit iTunes.






Hailee Steinfeld

My sister and I watched Pitch Perfect 2 before we moved back to Champaign for the school year, so I first heard her sing at the end of August and was in awe. Hailee Steinfeld is an awesome singer! The song she mainly sings in the movie is a cover of Flashlight by Jessie J, and in my opinion, her version sounds better than the original.



Acoustic songs seem to work really well with her voice, so when I was watching TV and heard her duet of Stiches with Shawn Mendes, I loved it right away. It's really catchy, and their voices mesh well together.




twenty one pilots

My sister has been really into twenty one pilots for the two years or so now, and my sister and I often listen to the same music. Their new album Blurryface came out this past summer, so we were blasting it in the car the entire summer and were jamming out to it when we were moving in and had no TV access yet. That has carried into the school year, as it often plays while we are cooking food. 

I don't know the names of over half of the songs because I usually just listen to them and don't pay attention to to the title on the screen or whatever, but I love all of the songs on their new album. I can hardly go 30 seconds into one of their songs without singing along, humming along, or nodding my head to the music. 






I'm slowly but surely adding new music to my iTunes library, so hopefully, I can do another one of these posts at the end of next month. What music/songs have you been listening to lately?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.