Fashion Friday: Style Icons: Vanessa Hudgens

Photo via Creative Commons

I've been a fan of Vanessa's since I was in fifth grade and watched High School Musical for the first time. I was obsessed with the HSM series until about ninth grade, so she was my idol for a little while. I don't really watch her in movies or anything anymore, but I'm still a fan of hers, especially because I love her style! Just like most Disney stars, her taste in fashion has evolved over time, but it's done so for the better. Here are some of my favorite outfits she's worn in the past two years or so:




A photo posted by Vanessa Hudgens (@vanessahudgens) on

The color of her dress is really pretty, and I love the floral design on the top layer of the dress. It's a formal, yet boho, look, and Vanessa typically sports boho looks, so this is a perfect dress for that. Her hairstyle also fits really well to complete the entire look. Soft waves and braids are the perfect finishing touches!



A photo posted by Vanessa Hudgens (@vanessahudgens) on

I'm a big fan of faux sweetheart necklines with mesh, so I love this dress.The faux sweetheart neckline isn't a traditional one since it's pointed at the top instead of rounded, and I think that gives it an edgy touch. The small black belt at the waist also adds a nice touch; it provides a nice contrast and helps with the shape of the dress. The outfit definitely wouldn't look the same without it.



A photo posted by Vanessa Hudgens (@vanessahudgens) on

This is such a simple outfit, but it's cute and comfy. Who wouldn't want that? The floral pants add some color and make the otherwise very simple outfit a bit more exciting. The plain, black v-neck matches well with the pants, but provides a nice contrast to the loud floral pattern of the pants. I'm not sure if that's a choker she's wearing or what, but I like it.



A photo posted by Vanessa Hudgens (@vanessahudgens) on

While Vanessa often sports fierce and edgy or boho outfits, she still rocks cute and girly pieces like this Alice and Olivia set. If you didn't already know from the amount of floral print I own and wear, I love floral print, and I also adore the pink and white color combo. The way the top and skirt flare out at the end is cute and makes the outfit a little more fun while being formal.



A photo posted by Vanessa Hudgens (@vanessahudgens) on

Of all of the outfits she's worn, this has to be in my top five for her. This outfit just screams fresh, clean, and ready for summer. The combination of colors and fabrics -- the light blue chambray and light white fabric of the skirt -- pair so well together. I don't know what else, but I just really love this outfit.




A photo posted by Vanessa Hudgens (@vanessahudgens) on

I couldn't do a post about Vanessa Hudgens' style without including a Coachella outfit! After all, she's like the queen of Coachella. Like, when she wasn't there last summer, people missed seeing her outfits. I don't know how she does it, but she owns and rocks every outfit she wears to the famous summer musical festival. In this photo, she's second from the left, and I'm not entirely sure what's she wearing (I usually don't when she's at Coachella), but it works. Most people wouldn't be able to pull off this ensemble, but Vanessa does it like it's her job.



Not only does Vanessa have a great fashion sense, but she also knows how to put the past behind her and not let mistakes define her. Yeah, she may have been involved in some photo scandals and has been guilty of some cultural appropriation at Coachella (like many others), but she's not perfect. No one is. Not even celebrities. Since she was someone I looked up to growing up, it was important for me to learn those lessons, and she's one reason I learned them. So thanks to Vanessa for not only giving me fashion inspiration but for teaching me life lessons as well.

What outfits or clothing items do you like that Vanessa's worn? (Even if they were part of her wardrobe for High School Musical as Gabriella Montez! Gabriella did wear some cute outfits in the third film.)

And if you voted in my Twitter poll for this Fashion Friday, please let me know how you liked that interaction!

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.