My Go-to Makeup and Beauty Products

Even though I have an interest in makeup and beauty, I honestly don't use a lot of any of those products. Part of it's because I just don't know how. My mom never really used a lot of makeup or anything, so no one was there to teach me or anything. Another part of it is that I just don't want to. When it comes to makeup, I like to keep it simple. At the most, I'll wear eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. Usually, I'll just wear eyeliner on an everyday basis. While I don't use too many beauty products, I do have go-to products for what I do use.

To purchase any of the products listed below, just click the title of the product.



New York Color Liquid Eyeliner


I prefer liquid eyeliner to pencil because it produces a sharper and bolder line, and it lasts longer. To be honest, I haven't tried very many liquid eyeliners, but I really like this one. I find it easy to apply as I'm not a big fan of eyeliners that you apply like it's a pen or pencil.  It's not completely waterproof, but I still like it, especially because that allows me to easily fix mistakes, which I make pretty often despite doing winged eyeliner for five years. It comes in two colors, black and pearlized black. I usually get pearlized black because I like the added glitter and shine that it adds.


Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara


I have really thin and short eyelashes, so I like to use two mascaras when I wear any. This one is a great lengthening mascara, so I apply it before the other mascara I like to use. It really does double my lashes like it says, lengthwise at least. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking to lengthen your lashes. Since it's Clinique, it's not the cheapest. I usually just get it from my mom's free Clinique gifts with purchase.


Maybelline Rocket Volum Express Mascara


This is the second mascara I like to use. I apply it after I use the Clinique one. It adds volume to my otherwise thin eyelashes. I don't know how well it does at actually volumizing my eyelashes since mine are so thin, putting anything on it will do something, but I'm satisfied with what it does. It's also pretty cheap since you can just buy it at a drugstore.


Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm


What I love about these is that they're moisturizing and come in lots of different colors, tints, and types. There are ones that simply hydrate your lips while adding a tint of color. Some are medicated (and tinted) and are great for when your lips are super dry and/or chapped. Others add some sparkle and shine in addition to moisturizing your lips. 


L'OREAL Infallible LeRouge Lipstick


I've only been wearing lipstick for about a year, and I have only tried two different kinds because I didn't want to splurge if I ended up not liking lipstick. So I definitely haven't found the perfect one yet. But I really like these ones so far. The color lasts for a good while, much longer than the first lipstick I tried, and it doesn't dry my lips either. This lipstick comes in a lot of different shades, but I only own two at the moment, Forever Fuschia and Persistent Plum, which are basically a hot pink and dark maroon, respectively.


Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes


I just started using these at the beginning of the school year, but I've heard a lot of good things about them and love them. Like I said before, I don't wear a lot of makeup, but these easily remove any makeup that I'm wearing, lipstick and mascara included. I really like that these are wipes as opposed to a liquid remover, because it means you have to buy less stuff. You don't need cotton balls or rounds in addition to a liquid makeup remover. These just make it really easy and don't make your face feel greasy or anything afterwards.


Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser


I've always been fortunate to not ever have a big problem with acne. I never got bad pimples. I simply washed my face if I suspected a pimple coming or another breakout. Although, I've always had these little bumps on my face that really bothered my mom even though they weren't very noticeable. And since my mom was so bothered by them, she'd always ask my doctor about what to wash my face with, and that's how I started using Cetaphil. Unlike everything else I've washed my face with, this doesn't dry my face afterwards, which is great! I still have small bumps on one side of my face, but this has definitely helped improve those. 


Victoria's Secret PINK Fresh & Clean Body Lotion


I don't know exactly how long I've been using this lotion, but it's been several years now. It smells really good and does exactly what it's supposed to. I never need to reapply it during the day. While it is a bit pricey for some body lotion, I think it's worth it, because it lasts me a good while. The beauty products at PINK are usually on sale where you get two for $24. There are a lot of other scents that smell good as well, so if  you're willing to splurge a bit on lotion (you will use it every day after all), then I'd recommend it.


What are your go-to makeup and beauty products? Also, if you have any lipstick recommendations, I'd love to hear them! I'm looking to expand the lip products I use.




No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.