Fashion Friday: OOTD: Summer Daze

For most people, June and July are the bulk of the summer. It's finally August, and with about two weeks until I start my senior year of college, the summer is quickly winding down!

I honestly didn't do too much or go out very often this summer, but I made sure to take advantage of the warm weather through my outfit choices when I did go out. I also tried some new trends and color combos for the summer.


June 11, 2016

Aeropostale square neck ribbed top | Hollister printed shorts
This is definitely one of my favorites of the summer because of how simple yet cute it is. It is literally just a shirt and shorts, but they go so well together and are very trendy. Plus, I really like the colors.



June 12, 2016 

Racerback tank top from Francesca's | BDG high waisted shorts from Urban Outfitters | Tropical floral print slip-on Vans
 I wore this the day I went back down to campus for a few days, so I wanted to be comfy while spending three hours in the car. Pineapples seem to be trending this year/summer, and I enjoy them as a design element even though I don't eat them. The tropical floral print Vans added another small tropical touch to make this super casual outfit a bit more summery!

June 13, 2016

Tie-dye tank bodysuit from Forever 21 | BDG high waisted shorts from Urban Outfitters | classic white Converse
Tie-dye is another print/design that seems to be re-emerging. I bought this bodysuit earlier this year before it was even warm enough to think about wearing it. The colors are great for summer, it's great for a casual summer day.


June 14, 2016

Forever 21 floral top | Forever 21 high waisted denim shorts
Even though I have plenty of floral print clothing, I thought this shirt would be a good addition to my wardrobe because of its unique color scheme. Depending on what you wear it with, it could work for summer or fall.


June 15, 2016

Forever 21 dress | Dolce Vita sandals from Target
I don't have very many dresses in a halter style like this or in light pink, so I love this one. Plus, it's an easy piece to throw on for a cute summer outfit.


June 19, 2016

Monteau Los Angeles scalloped hem dress from TJ Maxx | Unisa wedges from JC Penney
This dress was in a previous haul post, and I wore this for Father's Day. My family and I went to church, and then we went out for lunch.

July 1, 2016

Collared top from Wet Seal | H.I.P. shorts from Nordstrom Rack
I am well-aware that I have more than enough white lace/lace patterned shirts, but this one is different from the rest. The big collar adds a bit of a more formal touch, and I was so excited to wear it once I got it. I wasn't quite sure how I liked the pairing of the shirt with the also scalloped hem shorts, but I ended up loving it. Although the hems are very similar and both have cutouts, the outfit doesn't go overboard. Plus, the white and neon pink contrast each other very well!

July 2, 2016

Hollister top and shorts | Forever 21 floral crown
Navy typically isn't a summer color, but I feel that it's a color on the rise. I bought this shirt and these shorts to specifically go together, and I definitely like how they look together. The shirt isn't completely simple and solid, but it still works with the paisley shorts. 

July 3, 2016

Forever 21 shirt | Calvin Klein bralette | BDG high waisted shorts | Forever 21 headband
I love pizza. Who doesn't? I literally waited weeks to wear this shirt at the right time, and I did it! I got to eat some yummy pizza while expressing my love for pizza with my outfit.


July 14, 2016

Crochet trim halter top from Wet Seal | BDG high waisted shorts from Urban Outfitters
I bought this shirt online, and it looked more pink on Wet Seal's site. When I got it in the mail, I was a little upset it was more purple than pink, but I really like the shirt regardless.

July 15, 2016

Romper from Styles for Less
I LOVE this romper, but if you ever get a romper like this with the criss-cross halter straps, know it will not be easy to go to the bathroom!


July 19, 2016

Lululemon Flyaway Tamer headband | Forever 21 top | 90 Degree by Reflex cage back sports bra from Marshalls | Nike Pro compression shorts | Prince tennis bag from TJ Maxx | Lululemon H2Om water bottle | Nike Free 5.0 TR Fit
A lot (if not all) of these clothes were in an earlier haul post, and I'm glad I bought them. The shirt lets me show off the awesome back of the sports bra, and the compression shorts go perfectly with them.

July 23, 2016

Forever 21 triangle halter top | Forever 21 high waisted denim shorts
When I bought this shirt, halter style tops weren't too popular, but now they are. I originally thought I'd only wear black shorts with it, but the light pink shorts worked really well! I like the light pink combo more than the black on black; it adds some contrast and a summery vibe.

July 24, 2016

Ci Sono dress from Marshalls/TJ Maxx | Forever 21 necklace
I forgot if this dress is from Marshalls or TJ Maxx because my mom originally bought it for herself, and when my mom asked if I wanted it, I said yes even though I was unsure of how I'd like it on me. Denim/chambray dresses are now in style, and I don't recall that ever happening before. Off-the-shoulder tops and dresses are, too, so I gave it a shot. 

I ended up loving this dress and wore it with my wedges to brunch for my brother's birthday. But I do admit I made it off the shoulder as the ruffled sleeves are actually supposed to sit on the end of your shoulders. I decided I like off the shoulder better.

July 29, 2016

Team USA racerback tank top from TJ Maxx | BDG high waisted shorts from Urban Outfitters | classic white Converse | Purse from Nordstrom
I wore this patriotic outfit at the Team USA Basketball exhibition at the United Center last week, where the U.S. men easily beat the Venezuelan men.

The 2012 Games were the first I fully remember following, and now I love the Olympics and definitely wanted a Team USA shirt. The top will definitely be making a reappearance in the next few weeks and every Olympics from now on!



What were some of your favorite clothing items or trends to wear this summer?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.