Fashion Friday: My Favorite Outfits of 2016

It's no secret I love clothes, fashion, and taking photos of my outfit. A good chunk of my blog posts are OOTD compilations. But of all 365+ outfits I wore in 2016, I've narrowed the choices down and featured my favorites below.

February 8, 2016

Bethany Mota x Aeropostale flannel | A'GACI pearl necklace | Pink Rose sweater | Bullhead jeans from PacSun | Steve Madden boots
Though burgundy is a fall color, I wear it all year round. What I like about this outfit is that it's different from what I usually wear. It's on the preppier side with the collared shirt underneath the sweater. This has definitely made me want to try this look more and with other shirts.



March 10, 2016

Forever 21 blazer | Forever 21 floral bodysuit | Forever 21 necklace set | Abercrombie & Fitch leggings | Dolce Vita ankle boots 
I just think this is one of the cutest business casual outfits ever. I love the pop of color from the blazer and bodysuit.The high-waisted leggings and long blazer add diversity to the outfit and make for a nice silhouette.

March 24, 2016

LUSH moto jacket from Apricot Lane Boutique | H&M sweater | Indigo Rein jeans
I feel like this outfit is sophisticated and urban with the ankle boots and moto jacket, which is what I like most about it. Plus, the sweater and floral print of the jacket add a nice contrast in color.

May 17, 2016

Forever 21 blazer | Forever 21 floral dress | Franco Sarto heels | Longchamp bag
This coral blazer just makes for really cute business outfits! At first I wasn't sure how it'd look considering the dress and blazer are almost the exact same shade of coral, but it worked out well (unlike my shoes which I had to change at the end of the visit to Nike)!

July 1, 2016

Collared top from Wet Seal | H.I.P. shorts from Nordstrom Rack
This was another outfit I wasn't sure about. I didn't know how I felt about the double scalloped hemlines with the shirt and shorts. I felt like it was too similar. But I stuck with it, and it ended up really growing on me. Plus, some lady at the restaurant I was at for lunch this day loved my outfit so much she came up and gushed about it to me, wishing she could wear such a cute outfit. (She was a middle-aged woman who wanted to wear cute juniors' outfits.)

July 15, 2016

Romper from Styles for Less
I've always loved this romper: the second I saw it online, the second I opened the package, the second I put it on. I just love (almost) everything about it. The open back is different, the crocheted lace top is super cute, and I love the shade of pink. The only thing that will keep me from wearing this every week of summer is how difficult it is to put on and take off.

August 31, 2016

Forever 21 collared top | Bullhead shorts | Mossimo sandals from Target
I said this in the original post this outfit was in, but I loved how cute and girly this outfit is. It made me feel like Lauren Conrad or something.

September 28, 2016

Charming Charlie necklace | Love Tree vest from TJ Maxx | Francesca's top | Garage jeans | Charlotte Russe ankle boots
Again, this is another outfit that's preppier than what I normally wear. I'd never really worn vests before 2016, especially non-puffer ones like this one. The vest adds a nice layer to the outfit and pulls the shoes into it more. Plus, the back of those shoes are just too cute!

October 28, 2016

Bomber jacket from Ragstock | Urban Outfitters choker | Forever 21 floral romper | Delia's tights | Steve Madden combat boots
I guess 2016 was the year of trying new styles of outfits, because I've never worn a more grungy/urban outfit than this. But I love this outfit. I'd had touches of an urban/grunge vibe to previous outfits, like a choker or those studded combat boots, but never anything like this.

The bomber jacket is the perfect layer and adds a soft color to the otherwise dark outfit, and the tights add a bit of sparkle. I just think this is a really great concert outfit, especially when going to see an alternative band like The 1975.

October 8, 2016

Mitchell & Ness baseball cap | Bomber jacket from Ragstock | Forever 21 Bulls graphic top | Bullhead jeans from PacSun | Steve Madden slip-on sneakers from Marshalls | Purse from Nordstrom
Not going to lie, I felt really cool in this outfit. I don't know. I guess the faux leather sneakers, bomber jacket, choker, and trendy baseball cap made me feel like I was wearing a trendy urban streetstyle outfit a celebrity would wear on the streets of New York or LA. Or maybe bomber jackets just make me feel cool. Don't they do that to everyone?

October 15, 2016

Bethany Mota x Aeropostale flannel | J Crew necklace | J Crew vest | Garage jeans | Steve Madden boots
I had to wear a preppy fall outfit the day I did typical fall activities, like apple picking! Here's another outfit that's preppier than my normal ones, but I definitely felt it was appropriate for the day and activity. It definitely made me feel like it was fall when it didn't feel so much like it weather wise.

October 13, 2016

Francesca's bralette | Forever 21 sweater | Bullhead jeans from PacSun | Franco Sarto ankle boots from TJ Maxx
I just really like this sweater. That's all.

November 7, 2016

Forever 21 top | Skirt from TJ Maxx | Franco Sarto ankle boots from TJ Maxx
I'd say this is one of my trendiest outfits of the year. High necklines and turtlenecks were definitely popular, in addition to suede, which my boots are. The skater skirt just adds a nice dimension and silhouette paired with the cropped turtleneck.

December 31, 2016

H&M turtleneck sweater | H&M tulle midi skirt
I went to see the Phantom of the Opera in Chicago for New Year's Eve, so I dressed up for it, like most who go to the theatre do. I felt like a ballerina in the simple black sweater and tulle skirt, and I love ballet, so I was all for it. I also felt super sophisticated and not like I was a 21-year-old who could still pass for a high schooler. These pieces are definitely one's I'll have to keep in my wardrobe as I get older!

Which of my outfits from 2016 did you like most?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.