Fashion Friday: Style Icons: Sabrina Carpenter


Most people my age probably wouldn't really know of Sabrina Carpenter unless they're familiar with Disney Channel's now-canceled show Girl Meets World (the sequel series to Boy Meets World) or they listen to her music. I love GMW despite the fact it's a "kids show," so that how I know of her.

Because of the show, I discovered her music, which I enjoy. I know Disney Channel makes nearly every one of its stars sing, Sabrina's actually got a great voice and range that sets her apart from others on the channel. Anyway, since her latest single "Why" was recently released, I've decided to feature her as my next style icon.


A post shared by Sabrina Carpenter (@sabrinacarpenter) on

Sabrina tends to go to dark/black outfits for her shows, which seems very appropriate since it gives off a rocker glam vibe. I love all the layers to this outfit. The mesh top and tights add a sheer element and different texture, and the cropped tank underneath and the leather shorts add a bolder factor and another dimension to complete the look. It's definitely a fantastic concert outfit!





A post shared by Sabrina Carpenter (@sabrinacarpenter) on

Now that I think of it, black is often a go-to color for Sabrina. This simple and classic combo looks super polished. I love the bold red lip to add a pop of color since her dress and shoes are both black. Also, the metal details on the dress and shoes are a nice little touch.



A post shared by Sabrina Carpenter (@sabrinacarpenter) on

It's always nice to see her wear lighter and brighter colors since I'm used to seeing her in black. This little outfit is such a cute summer outfit. The white top goes great with the embroidered denim shorts, and since the top is long-sleeved, it adds some contrast in lengths.



A post shared by Sabrina Carpenter (@sabrinacarpenter) on

What a cute, fun outfit! It gives me adorable Parisian vibes with the bow in her hair at the back, the stripes at the top and front of the dress, and the Mary Jane peep toe Louboutins. Sometimes I forget Sabrina's just a teenager because she often dresses older than her age, but this look reminds me that she's still a teenager. It's chic, cute, and age-appropriate.



A post shared by Sabrina Carpenter (@sabrinacarpenter) on

This is definitely a more mature look, but it looks great. Usually, a collared shirt and blazer sounds rather professional and boring, but this combo isn't. The little beads on the shirt's collar add a fun, edgy touch that go well with the black jacket.



A post shared by Sabrina Carpenter (@sabrinacarpenter) on

This is pretty much what I think of when I think of Sabrina's style: edgy and chic but still somewhat girly. The style of the dress looks great, and I love all the different aspects of the dress. The lace is beautiful, and the rectangular grid at the bottom looks pretty cool. Having a shorter layer underneath the sheer bottom creates some fun depth, too.




A post shared by Sabrina Carpenter (@sabrinacarpenter) on

I absolutely love this dress! It's gorgeous. I love everything about it. Sweetheart necklines are my fave, especially faux ones with mesh. And I love floral print. The floral design adds a girly touch to balance out the edginess of the black and mesh. Perfect combo.



A post shared by Sabrina Carpenter (@sabrinacarpenter) on

Here's another more mature outfit on her, but I really like that this jumpsuit makes her look more mature and sophisticated. Also, the golden mustard color is gorgeous and makes her look stunning! Yellows tend to look great on blondes, as Sabrina demonstrates. I think the belt at her waist really prevents her from looking like she's wearing a big onesie or something, so I'm glad that's there to create that silhouette.


A post shared by Sabrina Carpenter (@sabrinacarpenter) on

I didn't realize this when picking outfits, but this one is quite similar to the third one in terms of composition. The ruffled white off-the-shoulder top is adorable and perfect for summer, and some light wash jeans finish the ensemble simply.




Velvet's been pretty trendy lately, and Sabrina's pulled this trend off well. I'm not quite sure if she's wearing a dress or a romper (pretty sure it's a romper), but the blue velvet of it just gives off such a luxurious vibe. The color looks great on her, and it goes with her smoky eye perfectly. Also, it's hard to tell, but she is sporting another '90s trend that's returned. The choker is the perfect accessory and goes with the neckline of her romper/dress wonderfully. Or the choker could actually be part of her romper/dress, but I can't tell. Regardless, it looks great.


Which of these outfits do you like best?

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.