Fashion Friday: 2018 Emmys Red Carpet Favorites



Quite some time has passed since I've done a Fashion Friday post, but it's back! After seeing a bunch of great looks from the Emmys last weekend, I've decided to share my favorites from the red (I know it wasn't red, but whatever) carpet. I especially enjoyed putting together this Fashion Friday not only because it's been a little while since my last one, but because I included and looked at outfits from celebrities I'm not too familiar with, so it was interesting to learn about and see other celebrities' looks and tastes.

Jessica Biel

No white after Labor Day? Jessica Biel doesn't care about that outdated rule (and neither do I). The semicircles angled all over combined with the ruffles create such a fun texture and look. The white color keeps it nice and clean, but the design is so unique and stands out.


Millie Bobby Brown

I absolutely love the blush pink color of this dress. It looks great on her, and the white roses on the dress are so cute. The off-the-shoulder neckline is super trendy and contrasts well with the ballgown skirt. Surprisingly, the ballgown skirt here doesn't look awkwardly poofy, huge, or uncomfortable like they sometimes can. The pointed heels are the perfect shoes to finish this outfit as they match the dress well without diverting attention away from it.


Sarah Drew

There are so many good pictures of this dress, but I think the third on in her Instagram post shows it best. I of course love the light pink color, but my favorite part is the cape part draped along her shoulders and back. The floral appliques on it are beautiful and add just the right pop of color. The cape combined with the silver belt create a great silhouette and such a magical look.


Natalia Dyer



A post shared by natalia dyer (@nattyiceofficial) on
This look is golden ― in all sense of the word. The beading on the dress is so intricate and gorgeous. It's stunning. I have nothing else to say.


Dakota Fanning

I feel like this green Dior gown was made for Dakota Fanning. It looks perfect on her. All the shades of green show up really well with the ruching and and pleats on the dress and skirt, which all create lots of depth and texture. Sometimes it looks like too much when everything is the same color, but her green earrings and ring were a great choice. I'm not overwhelmed with green, which is good.


Thandie Newton



What an INSANELY INCREDIBLE night. I felt full of love and gratitude representing everyone from @westworldhbo at @televisionacad. I was CERTAIN I wasn’t taking that gold woman home - after all I’d already been freakin’ NOMINATED! Ha ha! I didn’t even kiss my hubster like peeps always do before they walk up to get their award😂 It was all I could manage just to rise up out of my seat. And on my darling daughter Ripley’s 18th birthday... oof... Some kind of cosmic magic carried me all this way, and I will work hard to make it count. And to bring a whole lot of struggling people with me. That’s been my pledge since I was a little girl, and it doesn’t end today. All love x Thandie #OneBillionRising #TheCityofJoy #UntiltheViolenceStops @sheridanwardhair @georgieeisdell @patmcgrathreal @erinwalshnyc @brandonmaxwell @harrywinston @gianvitorossi
A post shared by Thandie Newton (@thandienewton) on
I'm not a fan of one-shouldered tops or dresses for myself, but this Thandie Newton looks simply radiant in this Brandon Maxwell gown. The color looks great on her, and the one sleeve is so beautifully dramatic. 


Gina Rodriguez

Gina Rodriguez looks absolutely regal in this blue Zuhair Murad dress. The deep V provides just the right amount of coverage, and the color is deep and so pretty. The combination of the sheer fabric, beading, and velvet pieces create such a cool contrasting pattern. 


Angela Sarafyan



A post shared by AngelaSarafyan (@angelasarafyan) on
WOW. Talk about star studded! The concept of this dress is so simple but turns out to be so stunning. I love that it has a bit of a train going on just so we can have some more of the starry night vibes that are just gorgeous.


Sadie Sink

There are no wilting whites when it comes to Sadie Sink's Emmys outfit. The white looks great on her, and I'm a definite fan of the long skirt draped around the shorter one. It just adds some fun and flair without going overboard. And the floral appliques on the shoulders are an adorable, delicate touch.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.