Outfit Overload: What I Wore This Summer

While summer is my favorite season and I am a fan of warm weather, I'm glad it's officially fall. And now it's officially a new season, I'm sharing my favorite outfits I wore this summer in my newly-renamed OOTD series called "Outfit Overload". It just makes more sense to me since I never post any of these OOTD blog posts the day I'm wearing them. Anyway, while it's not exactly sweater weather yet, I'm eager to start to transition these clothes and styles for fall.


May 8, 2019

Forever 21 denim jacket | Old Navy jogger pants | Reebok sneakers from DSW
The start of May was unseasonably cold. I definitely wasn't expecting to be wearing a jacket and pants but did enjoy the opportunity to wear these pants before it got too hot since I had recently bought them at the time.


May 9, 2019

A'GACI blazer | Striped jumpsuit from Express | Henri Bendel purse | Blondo ankle boots from Nordstrom 
I went to the Lyric Opera of Chicago on this day to see its production of West Side Story for the first official time (I saw the final dress rehearsal), so I wanted to dress up a bit. It was still cool, so a jumpsuit was a better choice than a dress. I'd never had the opportunity to wear this bright pink blazer before, so I was glad it matched perfectly with this jumpsuit from Express.


May 15, 2019

Wallflower denim jacket from TJ Maxx | Wild Fable crop top and biker short set from Target | Floral sneakers from Vans
I've been loving the bike shorts trend and have wanted to try the crop top/bike shorts combo but had to wait for the right day, weather, and occasion. It's a very casual outfit, so wearing it to the movies seemed like a good fit. I love the color of this set but wish the material was at least a teeny bit thicker.


May 18, 2019

Derek Heart dress from Marshalls | Vegan leather purse from Marshalls | DV by Dolce Vita sandals from Target
Tortoiseshell button details have been trendy for a while now, but I'd never seen them incorporated into a piece until I saw this dress. I like how the buttons just add a little something to this casual striped dress.


May 24, 2019

Sugarfix by BaubleBar earrings from Target | Dress from Marshalls | Rock & Candy platform sandals from TJ Maxx
As you can tell from the picture, I saw Lyric Opera's West Side Story again. (It wasn't the last time either). This time, my sister and I took our mom as her Mother's Day gift. In the musical, the ladies of the Sharks wear red, yellow, and pink, so I definitely felt like a Shark lady while watching the show that night. I like the juxtaposition of the red and pink and how it doesn't look like Valentine's Day.


May 26, 2019

A'GACI blazer | Jumpsuit from Rue 21 | Rock & Candy platform sandals from TJ Maxx
I've learned to incorporate my bright pink blazer into more outfits and realized it goes great with this Rue 21 jumpsuit. This jumpsuit is actually from 2015 and is the first jumpsuit I ever bought, so I've been on the jumpsuit train for a while now. I of course adore the pop of pink from the blazer but like the different colors and patterns the jumpsuit provides.


May 31, 2019

Hollister crop top | Newsprint bike shorts from Forever 21
These are my favorite bike shorts to ever exist, because 1. they're pink, 2. they have fake women's empowerment newspaper articles on them, 3. they're super comfy, and 4. they're super high rise. When I saw these in the store at the mall, I just had to have them. 


June 1, 2019

Altar'd State choker | Charlotte Russe off-the-shoulder top | Floral tulip skirt from Charlotte Russe | Rock & Candy platform sandals from TJ Maxx
I promise this is the last Lyric Opera WSS outfit! This outfit actually may look familiar if you looked at my Charlotte Russe closing haul post from earlier this year. I'd been waiting all year for an occasion to wear this and decided to join the Shark ladies once again, but with a yellow outfit this time.


June 9, 2019

Striped ruffle sleeve top | Tulle skirt from H&M | Jessica Simpson ballet flats | American Eagle sandals | Kate Spade purse
I had major ballerina vibes in this outfit, so I just really love this outfit. I just wish those flats hadn't killed my feet so I could've kept them on all day. But I do really like the outfit with the gold sandals as well. It's just less ballerina-y.


June 15, 2019

Gagged Chokers necklace | Sweetheart neckline jumpsuit | Rock & Candy platform sandals
I'm upset I couldn't get a better picture in this jumpsuit because it's my favorite jumpsuit I own, but the day was full of travel and activities as I spent the day taking the train to and from Chicago, in a car, and at a bridal shower for my then-cousin-in-law-to-be. Anyway, although the jumpsuit looks rather plain, I'm a sucker for sweetheart necklines, I love the color of course, it has pockets (!), and it's the one strapless thing I own that doesn't require me to pull it up every minute.


June 16, 2019

Sugarfix by BaubleBar tassel earrings from Target | Wallflower denim jacket from TJ Maxx | Maxi dress from Tobi | Rock & Candy platform sandals 
I don't wear maxi dresses a lot (mainly because I'm short so it's difficult to find ones that aren't too long for me), but I've owned this one for a few years and have always really liked it, especially the pastel colors. I've never worn this dress with a denim jacket before, but I like it better with the denim jacket than without.


June 22, 2019

Graphic T-shirt from Target | Forever 21 skirt
The second I saw this shirt at Target in spring, I had to have it. I love pink, and I love glitter. And since the shirt itself doesn't have a lot of pink, pairing it with this hot pink lace up skirt pleases my pink-obsessed self. 


June 23, 2019

Talbots denim jacket | Calvin Klein top | Scallop hem shorts from Nordstrom Rack
June 23 is National Pink Day, so I obviously had to wear an all pink outfit. That is all.


June 24, 2019

Collared shirt from TJ Maxx | Plaid dress from TJ Maxx
I had a job interview this day, so I finally had the opportunity to wear this dress, which I knew I wanted to wear with this collared top underneath. I love the faux pearls on the collar and how it adds a cute little sparkle to the outfit. As for the dress, plaid is in, but I really like the black stripe on the side because it just adds a modern touch.


June 26, 2019

Romper from Styles For Less | Steve Madden purse from TJ Maxx | Rock & Candy platform sandals
It was really hot on this day, and I was going out to dinner for my parents' anniversary, so this romper was a good choice for both of those. I'd actually only worn this romper once before, because it's not theeasiest to put on and take off, but after wearing it this day, I've gotten the hang of it, which I'm really glad about because I've always loved this romper. I love crocheted lace, and this romper is just super cute.


July 6, 2019

Striped top from Marshalls | Denim shorts from Marshalls | Rock & Candy platform sandals from TJ Maxx
I didn't do anything for the Fourth of July, so I saved my red, white, and blue (and pink!) shirt for the weekend after when I actually went out. I unexpectedly matched the Chicago flag paintings at the mall I went to this weekend, so that was nice for pictures.


July 7, 2019

Sugarfix by BaubleBar earrings | LUSH floral dress from Last Chance (Nordstrom) | Rock & Candy platform sandals 
This was a Sunday, which is when I usually go to church, and I like to dress up a bit when I go to church. Plus I was also seeing my friend in a local production of Legally Blonde the Musical this day, so this pink dress just seemed like a good choice for all of those things.


July 13, 2019

Forever 21 crop top | Camo bike shorts from Aerie | Reebok sneakers from DSW
When it's a hot and humid day, and your plan is to spend the day outside in the city, you must plan your outfit accordingly. I went to a concert at Millennium Park this day, and since I knew I was going to be walking around all day and then sitting on the ground on night, I wanted to be comfy.


July 18, 2019

Forever 21 tank top | Wild Fable shorts from Target | Sandals from Target
I didn't plan on taking any outfit pictures this day, but when I when into this newly opened Aerie store and its cute little spot, I couldn't pass it up.


July 20, 2019

Peplum tank top from TJ Maxx | High rise denim shorts from Old Navy | Rock & Candy platform sandals
I've always wanted white shorts, but I'm clumsy and have been scared I'd just buy them, wear them, and then they'd get dirty very quickly and easily. Luckily, Old Navy has white denim that are stain resistant, so I finally got to give white denim a try. I found this pink peplum tank at TJ Maxx and love the flair the peplum adds. And I simply love the combination of bold colors with white. 


August 3, 2019

Off-the-shoulder top from TJ Maxx | Love Tree overalls from TJ Maxx | Vans sneakers from DSW
I hadn't worn my overalls in a while and just got this off-the-shoulder top that I knew would go great with my overalls, so I decided on this casual outfit for an afternoon of shopping after going to the dentist. I didn't realize some Vans on clearance last spring were a perfect match for this outfit, so I wore those for the first time with this outfit.


August 6, 2019

Hollister crop top | Paper bag shorts from Nordstrom Rack | Toms shoes from DSW
I went downtown again to see a musical this day, so I didn't want to dress too casual. I thought it was going to be rather hot, but it was actually pretty nice this day. So I wish I'd worn jeans and a sleeveless top instead of these shorts, but I do really like those shorts. I wasn't sure if I wanted to wear sandals or comfier shoes. The backs of my feet were a bit blistered from wearing sandals in the heat, so I opted for a pair of rose gold Toms I'd yet to wear. I wasn't sure how I would like wearing those with this outfit, but I liked it.


August 7, 2019

Uniqlo blouse | Pink pants from Zara | Franco Sarto heels from Marshalls
I had a job interview this day and recently bought these pink pants. Since this was an interview for a position in a more creative field and I wanted to wear these pants while it still felt summery, I thought it would be an appropriate choice. The combination of colors and styles keeps it feeling pretty business casual and seasonal.


August 10, 2019

Forever 21 striped crop top | Scalloped hem shorts from Nordstrom Rack 
When choosing my outfit for this day, all I knew was that I wanted to wear hot pink in honor of one of my faves, Courtney Reed's (aka the original Princess Jasmine on Broadway), since it was her birthday. I actually don't own a lot of hot pink tops, especially for summer, so these shorts were the way to go.


August 18, 2019

Sugarfix by BaubleBar tassel earrings from Target | Uniqlo blouse | Vegan leather purse from Marshalls | Tropical print pants from Old Navy | DV by Dolce Vita sandals from Target
When I checked the weather on this Sunday morning, it seemed to be cooler, so I opted for these tropical print pants. Plus, I wanted to wear them before it wasn't summer anymore and wearing tropical print wouldn't make sense.


August 24, 2019

Karl Lagerfeld top | H&M snakeskin print romper | Steve Madden purse from TJ Maxx | Rock & Candy platform shoes from TJ Maxx
This outfit was a trial of trends. I'd bought this trendy snakeskin print romper a few days before and wanted to try the trend of wearing a dress or romper over a T-shirt.


August 27, 2019

Wild Fable sunglasses from Target | Elton John graphic tee from Kohl's | Wild Fable high rise shorts from Target | Sandals from Target
I literally put on this outfit just to go to Best Buy and buy Rocketman on Blu-ray, hence the shirt and sunglasses.


August 31, 2019


If you've seen my "Frugal Formal Finds" blog post, this dress will look familiar. I wore this to my cousin's wedding and paired it with even more pink and rose gold (the back has a rose gold zipper!), including a Ted Baker purse and glittery Charlotte Russe heels.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.