My Favorite Outfits of 2020


I think we can all agree 2020 was quite a year. No one was allowed to go out as much, which definitely impacted fashion. Sweatpants and loungewear certainly reigned supreme over suits and dresses. I certainly had fewer outfits to choose from when trying to pick my favorite outfits of the year.

I enjoyed working from home for a few months but ultimately did go back to working in person, which meant I still had to go out and wear "real" clothes. I didn't mind that so much since I do enjoy putting outfits together and dressing up. So while 2020 wasn't ideal, I am glad it didn't take away everything and still allowed me to enjoy fashion and outfits, casual or not.

As usual, I linked products in the captions. Some are exact while some are similar since they may be out of stock or discontinued.



January 11


I've never gotten the chance to wear a pretty gown before since I didn't go to prom or anything, so my great aunt and uncle's wedding provided me the chance to do so! I was hoping to find a more sparkly and pink gown for this occasion, but this dress was too good to pass up. I found it at a Camille la Vie store on sale, and it has pockets! I like the pink, black, and white floral print of the skirt and the mesh triangle cutouts at the side. Gowns and formal dresses aren't usually thought to be comfortable, but this one was.

Thankfully my great aunt and uncle's golden wedding anniversary was at the start of 2002 before everything shut down and big gatherings and celebrations were no longer safe, because it would have been such a bummer if my great aunt and uncle had to cancel their big celebration.


February 3


I bought this dress and top during Zara's semi-annual sale and thought they could pair well in the risky art of mixing patterns, and I like how it turned out! I felt very Gossip Girl-y meets '80s meets editorial fashion in this outfit.


February 11


This is my Lara Jean To All the Boys I've Loved Before copycat outfit to mimic the outfit she wears on the movie poster and in the final scene of the first movie. To All the Boys 2 came out on Netflix on this day, and I love TATB and Lara Jean. I was so excited about the movie I had to wear this Lara Jean outfit. It was so easy to put together and is something I could reasonably wear on an everyday basis.

March 5


I opted for Gossip Girl and cute chic vibes with this outfit. Colored tights with skirts always scream Gossip Girl to me, and the white turtleneck, pearl earrings, and pink bow in my hair add a cute factor to the look.


May 30

Sparkling Diamond Cropped Hoodie | Similar: Neon Pink Bike Shorts | Vans Slip-On True White

Even though I love dressing up, I wanted to wear my cute casual clothes during the few times I left my house this year to go somewhere other than work. I absolutely love this hoodie I design for my and my sister's merch brand, Something Good Merchandise. It's inspired by Selena Quintanilla's classic signature logo and Satine from Moulin Rouge! the Musical. It's super soft inside, and I love the cropped fit. And of course I had to include some pink in my outfit, so I paired it with these bright pink biker shorts, my fave. 


June 8

SUGARFIX by BaubleBar Beaded Headband | Anne Klein Collared Button Up Dress: Poshmark - eBay

I love a good all-pink outfit I can wear to work. Bonus points if it's a dress with pockets!


June 13

Distressed Boyfriend Jeans

This top is from the To All the Boys x H&M collab, and I thought I wasn't going to get to wear it this year because of the pandemic and stay-at-home orders. But a cooler summer day came and presented the perfect weather to wear this top. I paired it with some distressed denim for some contrast from the more feminine vibes of the top because of the ruffles and design. All I did this day was walk around Sam's Club and eat in the car, but I don't even care about being oddly overdressed for everyday things anymore.


August 19

Express Neon Pink Sweetheart Jumpsuit | sugar Noelle Women's Block Heel Sandals

On Wednesdays, we wear pink! I'm not afraid of a super pink outfit and absolutely loved wearing this bright pink jumpsuit from Express and blazer from A'GACI to work for a chic business casual work outfit.


August 29

Wild Fable Women's Square SunglassesPopular Tee | Michael Kors Irving Stripe Sneaker

I loved wearing these Michael Kors sneakers in 2020 and decided to be super matchy during this trip to Whole Foods. I adore my Wicked inspired shirt from my girl Teale at The Backstage Blonde, which goes perfectly with this pink skirt I got at TJ Maxx.


September 28

One Check of a Night Oversized Blazer | Everything's in Check High-Waisted Tapered Pants | Michael Kors Women's Irving Striped Lace-Up Sneakers

While casual matching sets for loungewear, sweats, and pajamas were all the rage this year, I've also been into menswear-inspired sets. This one from Nasty Gal is a fun way to look polished and put together for business casual occasions. Because it's plaid and not just a solid color, it's more fun than a normal pantsuit set, and I try to be fun and fashionable with my workwear.


October 8

Pleated Headband  

I'm one of those people who likes to dress up for their birthday even if they aren't doing anything special, and I definitely wasn't able to do or go anywhere special this year. But I wasn't going to let that stop me from wearing a cute outfit to work and to eat pizza in at home. I found this dress in the clearance section at H&M and love its bold colors and florals. I paired it with a knotted headband I also bought at H&M and some old d'orsay flats from Forever 21. I definitely felt the Blair Waldorf moment with the curls and headband.


October 21

Similar: Ticket Pocket Lapel Neck Solid Blazer | Similar: We're in Business Oversized Blazer | Michael Kors Irving Stripe Sneaker

Of course I managed to find and buy a pink pantsuit! Since the jacket and pants were a solid color, I wanted to add some contrast. So I wore the striped top I got from Zara and also wore on February 3. To keep with the menswear inspo, I wore my Michael Kors sneakers to keep it business casual.

I do admit I felt kind of like I maybe belonged in a music video or was part of a dance performance or something, but I also felt like a total boss in this outfit. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get better photos of this outfit as these don't do it justice. 


October 24

Initial Heart PendantPlaid Mini Dress & Face Mask Set | Similar: Fine Knit Turtleneck Sweater | Similar: Steve Madden Brandt Lace-Up Boot

What's more 2020 than an outfit with a matching mask? I was honestly quite excited when I bought this dress from Forever 21 to later discover it came with a matching mask!


October 30


I already did an entire blog post on my Halloween costume ― which I wore to work the day before ― so I won't say too much about this. I DIYed my own Katherine Howard costume from SIX the Musical and felt so badass in this costume. I don't think I'm ever wearing the top again, but I enjoyed the entire look while it lasted.


December 10

Similar: Tweed Pinafore DressPickup Mock Neck Bodysuit


The start of December wasn't too bad weather-wise, so I was excited to have a chance to wear this plaid tweed romper. I was in love with it the second I spotted it in Forever 21 and had to buy it. It reminds me of Astrid from The Politician, and I can't wait to wear it again. Of course I couldn't wear the romper as is, so I wore a cream high neck bodysuit underneath (also from Forever 21) with tights and velvet bow mules.

No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.