Fashion Friday: My Favorite Outfits from 2021

Since I actually went outside this year for something other than work, I finally had occasions and places to wear new outfits to pretty year-round, unlike last year. But there still wasn't anything super eventful or fun to dress up for, like weddings or big parties or even shows or concerts to go to. But it was nice to actually get to wear something other than sweatpants and hoodies. So here are my 10 favorite outfits I wore this year!

Much of the clothes and products worn in the outfits below are pretty old and likely out of stock, but I will still provide links below in the caption of each photo if available. Follow me on Instagram @amanda_carmela for more outfits year round!


March 27, 2021

Click to shop this look!

What I like most about this outfit is probably the contrast, from the colors to the styles of the clothing. Obviously the pink top really stands out with the black pants and white shoes. But then there's the ruching and neckline of the top that elevates it a bit, especially compared to the cargo joggers and sneakers. The three necklaces add some sparkle while the messy bun balances the streetstyle vibes.


April 6, 2021

Click to shop this look!

If you know me, you know I absolutely love the To All the Boys movies and books and refer to myself as the Filipino Lara Jean. So of course I had to snag this replica outfit of Lara Jean's New York ensemble from the third movie!

The dress and belt are both from H&M from the official To All the Boys collection. I completed the look with a heart necklace from BaubleBar and the exact pair of sneakers Lana Condor wears as LJ in the movie: the triple platform original Keds sneakers. I was stoked to find them at Marshalls (for less than $35!) so I could be even closer to being Lara Jean! And yes, I even did my best to copy the hairstyle she had while wearing this outfit.

I actually wore this outfit only once, but when I wore it and whenever I tried it on, it just made me so happy to be channeling my favorite character of all time.

May 24, 2021

Click to shop this look!

Speaking of channeling characters, this dress from Primark totally made me feel like Gabriella Montez in High School Musical 3. I just felt like I should have been twirling around a rooftop, singing and dancing with Zac Efron.


June 23, 2021

Click to shop this look!

I wore almost this exact outfit last year but with different shoes and not on National Pink Day! So I had to bring it back and make it pinker for Pink Day this year. 


August 1, 2021

Click to shop this look! (Power Pivot Tank no longer available in hot pink)

I was running on less than 4 hours on sleep this day because I had been getting up early/staying up late to watch the Olympics live. But I was still going to go out as I stayed in Chicago for the weekend at my brother's and didn't want to waste my time in the city by sleeping all day even if I really needed it. So this outfit provided my the comfort I needed with my lack of sleep but the style I always want to have, especially if I'll be out and about in the city.


August 7, 2021

Click to shop this look!

I remember seeing this set online at Zara and thought it was so cute. I didn't get it online, because want to pay for shipping, so I hoped I'd find it in stores. After a few months, I found it in stores during Zara's summer sale! I just love a good matching set, and the sunflower print is unlike any floral print I currently have in my closet. 


September 18, 2021

Click to shop this look!

I got this checkered cardigan while I was reading this beautiful hardcover edition of The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath when I realized they actually match really well. So naturally when I wore this cardigan for the first time, I decided to put together an entire outfit to match the book and bring it to life. The colors are very close to the ones on the book, and my super sparkly sandals bring out the silver foil of the hardcover. 


I'm hoping to turn this into a series I like to call "Lookbooked" and create more outfits based on book covers in the future. 


September 29, 2021

Cider Barbie Doll Jacket & Skirt Set

I just love how put-together matching sets make you look (and feel)! I absolutely adore this one from Cider. Of course I am a big fan of the color, and when I first tried it on, I just loved it — it made me so happy and made me feel wonderful. And that is a sign of a good purchase. Also, it's giving me Elle Woods vibes, and we love that!


October 18, 2021

Click to shop this look!


When I saw this pink and cream plaid dress on sale at Aeropostale, I was definitely intrigued. Then I picked it up and discovered it has pockets. And in that moment, I instantly decided to buy it.

I knew I wanted to style it with a turtleneck or mock neck shirt underneath and had three options. I have a black turtleneck, a white turtleneck, and this light pink top with pearl embellishments on the shoulders. All three match and would have been acceptable choices, but I thought the black would be too dark and didn't feel like wearing a darker outfit. Then I thought the white would be too light and wanted more contrast without it being too bold. So I went with the light pink one and am glad I did.

The pink top brings out the pink in the dress, and the pearls are a fun, little touch that also tie the whole outfit together as my loafers and headband also have pearl embellishments.


November 19, 2021

Click to shop this look!

A matching sweatsuit is the perfect outfit for when you want to look and feel put-together but also want to be super comfy. While some people may be totally over wearing sweatpants, athleisure definitely isn't going anywhere, and I would like seven more sweatsuits in different shades of pink please!

Adding accessories like a hat or beanie and a fanny pack are great ways to elevate a monochrome athleisure look like this, and you can't go wrong with Nike AF1s! And if you want a comfy sweatsuit like this, you're in luck, because Old Navy has these in several colors!



No comments

Comments are moderated and must be approved before publication. Profanity, hate speech nor any offensive speech will be approved.

Words have power. Don't abuse them.